Add support for Fullscreen

In my opinion, the decision is quite pointless. There seems to be no good reason to remove this in the first place. Exclusive fullscreen is a necessity in many fast-paced games on the platform.

15 Likes

Additional statement- if I recall, Alt + Enter was originally supported with no need to modify the FFlag. Anyone could Alt + Enter to get true fullscreen. Does anyone know the particular reason why Alt + Enter was removed? Would it be possible for roblox to just readd the FFlag back with the correct settings where anyone could do true fullscreen? Adding the FFlag would be a direct buff to the performance including higher FPS and reduced input delay.

19 Likes

God please yes. Fullscreen has so many advantages over Windowed. Borderless Windowed is not Fullscreen, Roblox.

13 Likes

It does affect preformance if there’s hundreds to thousands of (especially high definition) textures in a game.

13 Likes

In general that’s in Roblox’s/the developer’s court to downscale and unload textures to be more optimized for their games. Unless you have very little VRAM to the point where your GPU must load resources into system RAM, then this won’t really have a large performance impact, but if it does, then I want to see some comparisons.

8 Likes

It’s sad Roblox removed this feature without even thinking once how useful it is and necessary on Roblox Hopefully Roblox add this feature back in the next update.

14 Likes

Since all the discussion here I will add the feature back. Should be in a production release by next week (or at the latest the week after)

149 Likes

Thank you very much, Tiger for helping us we all appreciate you :smiley:

13 Likes

thank you roblox ! ! 非常感谢你,祝你有美好的一天 good fortunte to your family ., appreciate much !

10 Likes

Thank you so much, glory to TigerRabbit2!

7 Likes

Thank you soooo much! This is going to help all of us out a lot and make it so we’re able to have decreased latency and better performance. :heart:

6 Likes

This is awesome, Glory to TigerRabbit2!

5 Likes

Thanks, you’re really the light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways, I don’t understand why the community has to grasp at straws to get a feature added back (literally milliseconds worth of dev time as it was once a thing), let alone noticed by staff, it genuinely perplexes me.

But when someone flags a post for the most miniscule rule break, y’all be like:

3 Likes

Will confirm, alt+enter exclusive fullscreen seems to be back as of today, rejoice.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.