Add the Ability to Create Gradients for UI

Problem

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to be able to create any desired gradient right inside Roblox Studio. Currently, what I have to do is create a gradient in Google Drawings, download it, and upload it to Roblox. The trouble with this is that if I do not prefer my current gradient, I’d have to do the whole process again. While this may be understandable within a couple of tries; as a UI Designer, it would be extremely time-consuming to download and upload a gradient image when I have to edit it countless times until I find it is perfect. Additionally, it would be astounding if gradients would also be able to be scripted. If this feature is added, it can pave way for gradients that can slowly change over time (shown below).

If Added

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because not only would it be a lot more efficient to be able to instantly update a gradient right in Studio, but also being able to script gradients can significantly improve the cosmetic part of UI designing. It can make way for amazing designs to be created!

Use Case(s)

GradientAnimation
This is an example of what would be possible if gradients and being able to script them were part of Studio.

It’s Out!

Edit: This feature was just added in:

17 Likes

Thanks for you nice demonstration. We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to blend gradient into gui objects.

16 Likes

Dang, that was quick lol.

18 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.