Add the separate material manager create window back

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to create new materials using the material manager.

It is way too cramped when I dock it into a comfortable place in Studio and overall I just preferred this part of the material creation flow to happen in a larger window. I need to scroll up to see the material preview and I need to scroll down to see any of the settings. Previously when this popped out, the majority of this window was always visible.

Also note there is quite a lot of wasted space on the left when editing a material. The sidebar still takes up all that space even though it’s empty in this mode.

In the same way you can choose to see a large version of the object inserter when you click on the (+) button in the explorer, versus a smaller collapsed one, I should be able to pop the material creation widget out of the material manager so I can view it in a larger temporary window (because this is a temporary process!!)

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would be much more comfortable to work with this widget.

2 Likes

The window was quite annoying undocked, when I was unable to interact with studio while creating a material. I think this should be an option that can be enabled and disabled, or have material manager dock in the center viewport area.

This was not a problem for me. I just want the bigger surface area. I don’t care about using studio in the background, but it would be nice.

1 Like