Add timed group bans to prevent user from rejoining temporarily

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to remove unwanted group members. I understand Roblox doesn’t really want to permanently ban somebody from a group, that is why I suggest the time ban, you can ban a group member from accessing your game pages and group pages for up to seven day.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because my group would be free from trollers and spam bots couldn’t bypass the captcha and tried to scam on the group wall. This would also discourage people to troll on the group wall as it could result in a temporary group ban. I understand you can just “Add a muted role or not allow members to talk.” But they can just rejoin, and if you just deny members talking at all that would defeat the purpose of trying to maintain a good group wall. Sure you can make a bot to do this, but it would be much easier just to allow bans like these, it would certainly improve the roblox group walls. I understand there are many requests for group bans, but only allowing temporary group bans may be better for everybody, that is what makes this request unique.

16 Likes

It is currently too hard to permanently keep malicious users from joining a group apart from enabling manual requests. Manual requests is great for smaller communities but when you are looking to scale up a group and start gaining 100s or even 1000s of members per day from ads or your games, then it really becomes hard to keep certain people out of your group because no one wants to go through this many join requests everyday. I suggest an option to permanently blacklist members from joining your group, and a permission set to be added to group roles so that you can grant certain roles permission to blacklist members from your group. This way you can keep certain people out of your group for whatever reason that may be, just like how game moderation works. The opposite of this would be whitelisting users, so that when you do have Manual Approval enabled, they are automatically accepted into the group instead of waiting for manual acceptance.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would like to focus on my development and not worry about keeping certain users out of my group. There is an exile feature, but they can still join back afterwards. I dont want to have to exile a user in the first place, and I’m not online 24/7 to check whether a certain user has joined the group or not. Whitelisting would be useful on people like friends and YouTubers, who want to join your group and make the video straight away instead of waiting a long time to be accepted into a group before they can make a video on it. I have seen this in Youtubers videos before where they have tried to join a group to play their game but end of up skipping it because they dont have time to wait for Manual Approval.

3 Likes