Adding a normal texture to a mesh

Hey :wave:

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I’ve imported a mesh into Roblox, and I obviously know that you can add a texture via the mesh properties, however, I am wondering if it is possible to just add a normal texture to let’s say the left face but have it wrap around the front of the face, completely, without leaving any gaps.

For example, I have a human mesh face & I just want to add a texture to the front of the face so that I can change the transparency etc, I add a texture but it doesn’t wrap around the nose. The nose obviously comes out further than the face, the texture doesn’t go at the side of the nose. The texture looks fine from a front point of view, but you move to the side and you can then see the mesh.

I am wondering whether there is some setting that can be enabled in 3D modelling software to help achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

I believe what you can do is make a part then in that part create a special mesh. After put your meshid into the special mesh and then create a decal in the same part. Not the mesh then if you put the textureid or imageid into the decal it should wrap around it.

Thanks, that seems to work with decals, however, I am trying to get it to work with textures. I insert a normal texture & it wraps around the mesh but I can’t change the studs/offset, is there any way around this so that I can change those properties whilst having the texture wrapping around the mesh?

try UV mapping in blender with the texture downloaded?