Adding a ragdoll knockback

1. What do you want to achieve?
    when the player is hit with a certain attack, they will be knocked back and ragdoll

2. What is the issue?
    the ragdoll hovers over the ground instead of falling down

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I’ve tried changing the humanoid state to physics and platformstanding but none of those work

the knockback works, but the ragdoll ends up like this : https://gyazo.com/dd7453898189a67993697e7fe65645a0

1 Like

It almost appears that the HipHeight is still in play here.
If you’re asking for scripting help please post your script otherwise there is almost no way that someone can know how you are accomplishing this.

yeah youre right, from now on i will post my code, sorry about that. But now when I set the hip height to 0, it does this: https://i.gyazo.com/eaff9f3b5d907c2d38986483713ef984.mp4

Heres the code that makes the character ragdoll
this code is inside a module script that the server uses

local Hum = Char:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
		--Char:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart").CanCollide = true
		Hum.HipHeight = 0
		Hum:ChangeState(Enum.HumanoidStateType.PlatformStanding)

local RagdollFolder = Char:FindFirstChild("RagdollConstraints")
	--ragdoll folder is a premade folder with ball socket constraints in it

for i,v in pairs(Char:GetDescendants()) do

if v:IsA("Motor6D") then
			v.Enabled = false
		end

end

for i,v in pairs(RagdollFolder:GetChildren()) do
		v.Enabled = true

end

i ended up finding a solution, theres a public module that has the most realistic ragdoll physics. I’m using that now and it works perfecty.

1 Like

Hey, hate to necropost, but do you have a link to the module? I’m working on something similar and I’d like to see how that system works.

1 Like

not a problem, here you go.

Ah, this is R15 only. I might just toy around with it to get the results I need, but most likely I just got to do it myself. Thanks for the reply.

yeah no problem, lmk if you need any help