Additional filter(s) for searching Audio

Hello.

Recently I’ve been having a lot of trouble trying to find sound effects for the stuff I’m working on.
Reason being that music itself in the audio library still covers about 80% of my search results.

Typing in simple words like “Slash sound effect” or “Stomp effect” will give you music results with titles that feature the word “Stomp” or “lil slash”.
This makes it more difficult to find what you need for your game.

This is the reason I’m suggesting the following:

• Two separate Audio categories: Effects and Music
  • When uploading an audio, based on the length of your audio it will determine which category your audio belongs to. Example: Under 20 seconds? Label as an effect. Over a minute long? This is most likely music.
  • Obviously, the system itself is not always correct, so being able to go to configure and manually set the label to properly label your audio would fix this.

If you have any thoughts on this and/or additional ideas, I’d be happy to hear them.
Thanks for reading.

22 Likes

Support! Plenty of times I tried to find simple sound effects, not music, and just get bombarded with long audio files. Sometimes the name of the audio will make you think its a sound effect, but you go to play it and it turns out to be a song. Even the music Roblox uploaded is guilty of this.

And dont get me started on voice stuff. Trying to make an NPC say “hello there” to players who walk up to it. So you go to look for a “hello there” audio and get nothing but songs with hello in the title. For example:

(and all of those were uploaded by Roblox)

I guess to get special specific audio we have no choice but to make our own.

4 Likes