Upgrade Audio Searching

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to . . .

Search for good audio. It is impossible to differentiate between songs and sound effects, which can make finding the right audio difficult.

Ideally, there should be options for the following (bolded would be the most useful):

1. Allow searching based on time length. That way we can determine if something is a song or a sound effect.
  2. Option to filter out audio from specific users. This would especially be useful for finding audio that the Roblox account didn’t upload (which just fills the search page with tons of songs).
  3. Make uploaded audio available to take by default. That way we don’t have to constantly toggle the “Show unavailable items”. Furthermore, make audio not owned by a user unable to be played, like suggested in this thread.
  4. Display the audio waveform for sounds.
  5. Sort by number of favorites/takes by DevForum members. This would ideally be applied to other items in the library (i.e. models, decals, meshes, and plugins). It would mean the items most used by developers would have priority, rather than allowing the average player to decide what is listed first.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

It would make it much easier to find audio that we’re looking for. Music and sound effects can be incredibly important for giving a game more life. What’s nice about Roblox is the number of resources available, however, despite the amount of audio uploaded to Roblox, it’s nearly impossible to find some of the things you’re looking for.

This has been highly requested across multiple threads over the past few years, so it’s obviously a feature in high demand.