Additional Game Management in Roblox Studio

This is great! I’m also glad to hear there will be more reliability improvements.

Please please please do not remove these setting from the website. I want these setting in both of these things places. The website will always be more accessible than studio, and that sort of accessibility matters! To remove this would be a step back in my opinion.

3 Likes

Beautiful, thanks a lot roblox!

With the new update allowing you to control monetization from Studio, It has made my workflow a bit smoother. One thing that is somewhat annoying is the inability to directly copy the developer product ID to my clipboard. Currently, I have to manually type this out. Yes, it’s a little thing but it would solidify the use of the update.

All of a sudden I’m getting these errors spat at me when I tried to edit an added dev product. This seems to be fixed by adding a dev product, saving it, then exiting and then going back to edit it.

Error
21:26:09.800 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Rodux.NoYield:26: builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Src.Components.SettingsPages.Monetization:429: attempt to index nil with 'name'
21:26:09.801 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Src.Components.SettingsPages.Monetization:431 function displayEditDevProductsPage
21:26:09.801 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Src.Components.SettingsPages.Monetization:648 function displayContents
21:26:09.802 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Src.Components.SettingsPages.createSettingsPage:90 function render
21:26:09.802 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Framework.ContextServices.mapToProps:54
21:26:09.803 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Framework.ContextServices.Consumer:59 function render
21:26:09.803 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.Component:453 function __resolveUpdate
21:26:09.804 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.Component:394 function __update
21:26:09.804 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.createReconciler:227 function updateVirtualNode
21:26:09.805 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.createReconciler:67 function updateChildren
21:26:09.805 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.createReconciler:108 function updateVirtualNodeWithRenderResult
21:26:09.806 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.Component:456 function __resolveUpdate
21:26:09.806 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.Component:394 function __update
21:26:09.806 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.createReconciler:227 function updateVirtualNode
21:26:09.807 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.createReconciler:67 function updateChildren
21:26:09.808 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.createReconciler:108 function updateVirtualNodeWithRenderResult
21:26:09.808 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.Component:456 function __resolveUpdate
21:26:09.808 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.Component:394 function __update
21:26:09.809 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Roact.Component:161 function setState
21:26:09.809 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.RoactRodux_2_2.connect:92
21:26:09.810 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Rodux.Signal:70 function fire
21:26:09.810 - builtin_GameSettings_old.rbxm.GameSettings.Rodux.Store:125
21:26:09.811 - 

This is a great update and its helped many devs, including myself with their game, it makes stuff so much easier. Thanks roblox!

Although itd be nice if we could also manage gamepasses too

There was an issue with developer products for group games that has been resolved now.

2 Likes

let us enable bubble chat easily!!

The versions window keeps getting stuck in this loading state. When this happens I cannot do anything else in Studio, have to force quit it and get back to where I was. I use a trackpad on my MacBook, it feels like this happens when you are scrolling a lot really quickly and it tries to load multiple times at once. Can avoid by moving the scrollbar itself

The pop out also shows up behind the configuration menu. Could we have it show up in either a new window or close the config menu?

Quick update, we have temporarily set this feature back to beta. We will follow up with updates on Monday. Until then, you will still be able to opt into the beta.

3 Likes

Urgent

I’m not sure if this has been addressed yet but there is a serious error that just happened to me.
If it wasn’t for autosave, I would have lost countless hours of worked, probably would have broken a few walls, and then cry to myself. Why was something rolled out to everyone with such a big problem that could have occurred to people? The problem is that I opened up Game Settings - Something I should be able to do without worrying about everything - And then my studio just stopped working. It didn’t freeze or crash, it just stopped working. I couldn’t click any buttons, I couldn’t save my game, and I couldn’t exit out of the get setting menu. The only thing I was able to do was to move the game setting menu around the screen. I wasn’t even able to close studio. I had to open up task manager and force quit studio from there

Error

Because of how it broke studio, I wasn’t able to copy and paste the error so I just took a screenshot

If you need any more information or need my studio logs, please feel free to let me know.

And this is why you should always have autosave on.
Also, sorry if this seems aggressive, I’m just really, well, in the heat of the moment. Except the moment was yesterday so… delayed moment.

this is great! all too often, i find myself constantly switching between the roblox web page and the studio tabs to adjust game settings. it was sort of inconvenient before. this change is a welcome addition to the studio :wink:

i am sure many people can agree with me here, but these features should remain available on the actual web site. nobody is going to want to log in to a whole other program just to mess around with a few game settings. this is another good decision.

overall, im very pleased with this update :eyes: :+1:

1 Like

I think you dont have to change it all the time, It takes time to get to know the ui and changing it might make us waste some time.

Not sure if this is from the same update, but I can no longer access the settings in local places (ones not uploaded), which makes it impossible to turn on HTTP requests or turn off forced R15.

1 Like

Hi folks! Great improvements to the game settings screen.

Were these features removed? I was following the guide here: Developer Products | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

… but noticed that I do not have the Monetization option. Perhaps a settings issue for me?

I have started using the new permissions tab under the game settings. I am really excited about this feature, as it is very useful to someone with a large and growing team. There are a few ways, however, that I think it could be improved.

To start, when I give a group role access to edit a certain place, those under that role should be able to see that place from studio under the group games tab. Even if they don’t have edit access to all group games. This would improve my team’s work flow.

Secondly, when I give a group role access to a place under the permissions tab, I have noticed that those who got access this way cannot see animations created by the group. In order for them to see animations created by the group, they have to have full access to edit all games. I have tested this with 3 different teammates. This is the case, even though they have access to edit and create group items.

These would be really big improvements for this awesome new feature you have added. I would like to rely on it more as I grow my studio, so that my devs only have access to what they need.

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Games shared with this should appear in the Shared With Me tab within Roblox Studio as far as I know.

That is true! I still think it would be a nice organization improvement to put shared group games under a group tab :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe at RDC they discussed reworking the develop tab. These would be some great things to keep in mind during that rework. Small changes like these have very big positive effects on workflow.

2 Likes

Yes, another great feature for Roblox developers.

There’s just a bug thread explaining about Game Settings freezing Roblox Studio. Will this be fixed?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.