Adjusting The New Scale Tool To Fit Original Needs

Recently the new feature was released that now scales multiple parts and models, which I have been longingly anticipating as I was previously relying on a plugin to resize models. Although this is an amazing feature, I do think that it should be adjusted accordingly to make resizing multiple individual parts easier…

What I essentially mean by this is that you used to be able to select multiple parts, or ungroup a model, and could resize the part, say, lengthwise as you please since there where multiple selection boxes. Now instead it forces you to resize/expand the entire selection as a whole rather then simply allowing you to adjust the individual sizes, which is very irritating when making things like docks, resizing walls, or adjusting certain parts of models. Now you must individually select each and every brick one by one to resize them accordingly, this severely slows down the pace of building.

gif for reference: https://gyazo.com/e549f37650a415deada2e1a7a4de08f7

My suggestion and feature request would be an option to toggle on the ability to resize either the entirety of selected parts, or break it up and give the option to individually resize the parts as before. Something as simple as a toggle bind like what we have for local/global object mover.

pic

A second suggestion would to simply make two separate tools, the original scale tool, and this new model/multi-part scale tool.

I think with giving the original option on top of the new one will benefit builders ability to work faster when it comes to both needing to resize multiple parts to different lengths, or resizing multiple parts and models as a whole. Because let’s face it, needing to now click every part and resize them one at a time rather then having multiple resize selection boxes is a pain :stuck_out_tongue: https://gyazo.com/7c54c889abef10fe7dcac763416be9e9

25 Likes

Support.
Recently I was trying to resize one object only while having multiple selected, but noticed it wasn’t an option anymore.

4 Likes

Resizing models is great, but there should also be a way to resize all parts the same direction at the same time much like SBS’ ResizeObject option. That is one of the biggest features the studio default is lacking.

9 Likes

The new update that allows us to scale models is great but it’s made it impossible to select a bunch of parts and scale them individually. I often like to select a few parts and resize them all individually and right now that’s impossible as far as a I know.

What I propose is to allow us to toggle between scaling a model or scaling all the selected parts individually. This would allow people to scale their models but also make small adjustments without having to deselect a bunch of stuff, resize a part or two, and then go around and re-select all those parts they has selected initially.

9 Likes