Ads and maintenance

Okay, this is something I feel I should address.

Why do my ads run while the website is offline?

This has happened too much lately. I spend tens of thousands on ads, then the website either goes offline, or the marketplace is disabled. I have half the robux I had a month ago because of this.

I feel like either ads should pause while the website is offline, or you should be refunded. It’s completely destroying my motivation spending tens of thousands on ads only to watch the website go offline shortly after. I can’t be the only one who finds this to be an issue.

I reiterate my question: Why do ads run while the website is offline?

There is no good reason for ads to continue to run while the website is offline. We’re practically wasting our robux on ads when you do this. We never get a heads up when this happens, either.

When I run an ad for 24 hours, I expect it to be seen for 24 hours.

7 Likes

Well, its a rare occurrence for the site to go down in the first place, so I guess they just never imagined needing to do so.

I agree that they should offer you a partial refund for how much downtime there was in the 24 hours that your ad was running.

Not true. In the past month, this has happened multiple times. And every single time it’s when I put out tons of robux on ads.

Millions of robux are spent on ads daily. How many people are making the money they’ve spent on ads back right now? None of them.

I spent 25k on ads then the marketplace was disabled for nearly 2 days. We got no heads up, either. In the past week alone, the website has went offline for maintenance three times.

And either way - ads should still pause during maintenance, or they should be (partially) refunded.

Really?
I guess I never noticed.

Well, regardless of its sudden spike in occurrence, it still isn’t that common of a thing.
I’m pretty sure this is just an oversight, not a deliberate design choice.

2 Likes

Perhaps refunding the percentage of R$ equivalent to the percentage of time the ad wasn’t running (due to the site/marketplace being offline) during the 24 hour timeframe.

e.g. if the ad ran for 75% of the time it was supposed to, you’d get 25% of your R$ back

so (((24-x)/24)*100)% of your robux would be refunded, where x is the number of hours that your ad was able to run. I agree that users who are making use of the ad system when the website or marketplace goes down, especially without warning, should be financially compensated. It’s also pretty shitty that we delete ads mid-run but that’s typically on the user and not ROBLOX.

######also correct my math if I did it wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s correct for what I’m trying to convey

Edit: also - @Xeptix, you might want to move this to Web Feature Requests

3 Likes

I agree completely. I also moved the thread.

1 Like

Or they could just add X minutes to the run-time of all ads depending on how long the downtime was. Then there’s no hassle with R$.

4 Likes

It’s pretty bad they’re not already doing something like this. Losing money because a running ad got taken down is one thing. You shouldn’t lose potentially thousands of robux due to maintenance.

4 Likes

But you would most likely lose more than thousands. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’d screenshot how much I’ve lost from this, but I am unable to access roblox, it’s stuck in maintenance for me (posted about it in a website bug report).

I’ve lost a lot more than thousands from this.