Ads Manager Uses Credits Immediate vs. Over Selected Timeline

The new ad manager does not work as expected. If you select your campaign to run over multiple days, all the credit can be spent within hours. The credit is not properly spread over the expected timeline.

Expected behavior

I would expect the ad system to distribute the credits evenly over the selected timeline.

If I submit an ad with 100 credits over 10 days, it should spend 10 credits per day. Ideally those 10 credits would be distributed evenly throughout each day as well

7 Likes

AFAIK it takes all the credits at the beginning of the campaign, and the difference is returned around 30 days after the campaign ends. This might be better suited as a feature request.

1 Like

This is definitely an unintended effect. Why would there be an option to run a multiple-day campaign if all of the ad funds are spent within hours of making the ad?

2 Likes

In my understanding, the behavior right now seems to be: withdraw all the credits for the entire duration of the campaign, they get kept in a “store” of some sorts, then at the end of the campaign, all unspent credits in the “store” get refunded.

If this isn’t the case please let me know!

1 Like

Hi @br_cks - when using Ad Credits, the Ad Credits for the total campaign duration will be witheld but the campaign will be paced evenly across the campaign duration. Please let us know if you’re seeing different behavior. Feel free to DM me a screenshot.

Sent a DM. I ran a campaign for the 6th to 20th, another for the 6th to 16th, and another for the 8th to the 13th. All of the attributed plays, impressions, cpm, and other stats still closely match the data given within the first 24 hours of running the ads.

I’m experiencing the same issue. I currently have a 24-hour, 20-credit lifetime budget campaign running. It has been running for just under 3 hours and 7.97 Credits have already been spent. This is an absurd amount to spend in the first eighth of the campaign’s runtime.

Update: I recorded the campaign spending exactly .47 Credits in 4 minutes.

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing this issue. This leads to a lot of new players in the first hour, but after that the playercount reduces as most of the credits are spent within such a short period of time. How do I run ads properly without burning all the credits within the first hours of a week-long campaign?

1 Like

I thought I was the only one dealing with this. Have been dealing with this issue for almost 2 weeks now, it’s made A/B testing Icons virtually impossible and made growing new experiences very difficult.

I’ve noticed that once your Campaign is created, after it clears moderations (<1hr or so), it’ll take no less than maybe 30-45 minutes for 90% of your total Campaign budget to get spent ~ impressions included. With the massive surge of impressions comes a massive wave of Users, but it’s incredibly short lived. Once the surge is done, your CCU count falls back down to baseline, no real growth being gained from this.

I’m almost certain that this is NOT an intended update to the Ads System, as this happened back in January and lasted for about a week before the issue was resolved. This needs to be fixed asap.

5 Likes

Are you experiencing this problem via regular sponsors or in-experience portals?

Regular sponsor for me at least

I used regular sponsors as well.

Regular Sponsors with 2 to 3 Ad Sets

I have also been experiencing this with regular sponsors

The same issue is happening to me too, When I run regular sponsors almost the whole budget is getting spend in the first hour which made me prevent using them as much as possible which is nuts, I’ve tried the lifetime budget and the daily budget and found that bug on both, I called it a bug because it’s sometimes work normally and sometimes not so it’s definitely not an update

2 Likes

Issue appeared to be fixed yesterday but resumed this morning. Any updates on when this’ll ever (if at all) get fixed?

I’m experiencing an issue where I’ve allotted a daily budget of 5 ad credits to run for 48 hours, and over half the time has passed and only 0.24 ad credits have been spent.

This is most likely not due to this bug, but due to you being outbid. I’d recommend increasing your max CPP.

1 Like

This still happens, but now sometimes the campaign spends all or a large majority of the ad credits within a short space of time, regardless of the max bid. I hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like