Advanced Color Picker

This is a color picker I was working on around a year ago and only recently got around to finishing out of boredom. I’d appreciate any ideas on additions or quality of life improvements.

9 Likes

I love your hex feature as well as the opposite color square next to the color square.
I’d say the only 2 things would be to add a dark theme to that as well as make an opacity feature (rgba)

I NEED THAT ALOT. Can you send us a link to that model?

Not bad, time to get nit-picky!
~Quality of Life improvements~
HSV MODE PLEASE. I never find myself actually using RGB > HSV like ever.
Also, I would recommend adding a dropper tool to select from a color on the player’s screen.
+Recently used colors.
+Community made color palettes.
~Additives~
Dark mode, please I beg.
also, opacity where?

Okay, that should be everything I really need in a color picker.
Great job with the current model though by the way!

1 Like

The short delay when moving it with your mouse bothers me a little but
apart from that it’s awesome!

1 Like

Already have a dark theme added to it, just haven’t added a proper toggle button for it as of yet. I also started an opacity slider but never got around to finishing it. Seems to be what people want, so I’ll get around to it at some point.

The delay was added before I added the color preview to the marker. It was just a lazy fix so I could pinpoint a color better without the marker blocking the view of the cursor. I completely forgot to go back and remove that. I really appreciate your feedback and thanks for pointing that out!

Unfortunately, I was not planning on releasing it with the foresight that I may want to use it in a future project. If I do decide to release it, I will have to fix a few bugs related to scaling. If that time ever comes you will be the first to know.

Already ahead of you on the dark theme and dropper tool - just need to add the buttons for those. HSV and recently used colors are a great idea and should be a quick and simple addition. Thanks for your input!

1 Like