Advanced Objects - objects beginning with F

It’s not really an important bug, but whenever I highlight an object in Advanced Objects and put the first letter of it, it snaps to objects beginning with that letter on the menu except when it’s an F , such as a folder. Instead, it zooms to the currently selected model or part (due to F being the ‘zoom to’ key).

Basically:
-Open Advanced Objects
-Select a part/model
-Click anywhere on the list of objects once
-Press F

Zooms to the part/model and doesn’t select anything with F on the Advanced Objects folder.

10 Likes

This bug is still annoying, especially as I’m experiencing it a lot with organising all of my workspace into folders. pls

I’ve noticed this too, super annoying to make Folders

1 Like

So this is more of a design oversight than a bug, I just found it in studio and it’s kind of annoying.

So for navigation in the Explorer there are two key features that play into this.

If you want to find a specific model or script, you can begin typing the first letters of its name to bring it up in Explorer to find it quicker.

If you want to find where that object is in the building space, you can press F on the selected model to teleport your camera to it.

The problem I’ve noticed is that if you are attempting to type the name of an object that starts with F, you will teleport to the previously selected model instead of searching for “F”.

Thought this was worth reporting to see if maybe a work-around could be made to make both features work without interfering with eachother?

5 Likes