As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to join a server which meets our expectations.
Some of those ideas might have been posted in the past, but my idea is a bigger one.
I will use a story that has happened for real, from my own experience.
- As you can see, I’m from Europe - I have joined a random Jailbreak server. Everything was okay, but then… HUH? BRAZILIANS?! IN MY SERVER? WHAT?!
- While playing Phantom Forces, I got assigned to a server with my friend. Sadly, I had 254 ping (SHIFT + F3). It was annoying for him (his performance got affected as well), so he had to change the server.
Back in 2008, I had no serious latency issues.
Games were playable, what has happened?
We need to have advanced server settings for personal experience. A lot of games do that.
Example setting list
- Server Region: North America / Asia / Europe (…) - Picking our favorite region, right?.
- Min. Ping: Any value you input
- Max. Ping: Same as above
- Prioritize Friends’ Servers: On/Off - I don’t always want to join my good old friend.
- Languages: English, Russian, Portugese (…) - I will admit, It’s hard to communicate with Spanish people when I don’t speak Spanish.
Maybe implement some options for developers as well!
It would significantly improve my experience while playing. Trust me, the game is becoming bigger and bigger. There’s many players worldwide now.