Advanced Swarm Simulation Help

What I want:
I know this sounds a bit absurd but I want to achieve “Advanced Swarm Simulations” where a lot of parts function as individuals in a swarm of birds and they navigate by following each other, they avoid obstacles by actively scanning their environment and other individuals. I want to simulate this as advanced as possible for an upcoming survival game where group wolves will have the same group mechanics. When individuals are taken away from the group they’ll fly towards the nearst group and join swarm.
Note: I want to simulate this without particles so each individual of the simulation can still function as parts and still can function as an individual when they are taken away from the group.

What I want:
I want some ideas on how to make this possible, source code will be better.

You may want to look into boids. An implementation of them can be seen in this YouTube video. Sebastian goes into decent detail on how he creates them and the logical rules they abide by.

You can also directly reference the papers he referenced if you want, they are linked in the description of his video.

Oh thanks a lot, some extra information about this is that it is for a horror game and the simulations are for monsters in the game.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.