Advertising Issues

First of all, I’m sure sure exactly what category to put this under. The #bug-reports category is closed for topics, so I put it here.

I uploaded this ad to Roblox about 4 times now, and got the same aggravating result:

^ That image turns into this every time:

I’m not sure what’s going on. I made this in Photoshop and saved it as a copy to get it in a .png file.

Can anyone help? I’m willing to offer a reward I guess.

1 Like

Is that how it displays on the website when the ad runs or is that a preview?

Just a preview.

I don’t want to run it if it’ll look like this and if I spend a low amount of robux to test it when it’s running, I’ll never be able to find it out of the millions of other ads to see if it worked.

It might have something to do with the image being transparent. And it fills in details in case there’s maybe some hidden pixels which are visible under certain conditions (for moderation purposes). Decals used to display all weird just like that too but they worked completely fine. I just uploaded a test ad to see if I get the same result.

Alright.

What do you suggest I do then?

Comparing the same ad with transparent stripes:
The transparent part was all filled in with black.
This seems to be a normal thing so I doubt there would be any problem running the ad.

Alright, but some of the things in my ad that were covered was colored text, not just black text, or transparent backgrounds.

I guess I’m wrong. The Black stripe went underneath the colored text and only looks like it covered the black text.

Yes in my test I had black text saying test but it was colored over.

1 Like

But what about the Mr Beast logo?

That wasn’t filled in black, it looks like an image or texture of some sort.

I got the logo off the internet but I’m 100% positive it is transparent.

Well to be completely sure that you won’t be wasting robux you could just copy the color from the website and fill in the background of the ad.
Ill be doing more tests to confirm it’s only in the preview.

Alright. Thanks.

I’ll try that now.

I can’t find anyone with transparent ads, or anyone who has asked about transparent ads.
Any ads which look to have been transparent seem to have been filled with a white/black background.
It would be better to play safe than sorry and use a filled background.

Alright. I threw a background over it and I’ll see if it works.

1 Like

Thanks man so much! It works.

I’m redesigning the ad a bit, just put it there like that as a test.

2 Likes

Done! What do you think?

I’m going to upload it to Roblox and see how it looks.

Thanks so much!