Advertising or Sponsor?

Hey Developers,
Im currently making a Game. It is finished and I want to make it popular. My goal is 20 active players. I think there are 3 ways to make a game popular: Advertising, Sponsoring and Youtubers. I want to advertise OR sponsor. My questions:

1. FOR ADVERTISING:
  • why is advertising better then sponsors?
  • how much Robux should I spend?
  • I have 3 advertisement Images, which one should I choose:

Jpeg-2
Jpeg-1
Jpeg

1. FOR SPONSORING:
  • why is sponsoring better then advertising
  • how much robux should I spend for how many days, which age, which devices
  • this is my current Game Icon:
    Jpeg-3
    (btw the Game is a Difficult Chart Obby)
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!
9 Likes

in my opinion, sponsoring should be better, there is people who use adblockers in roblox, while sponsoring should appear in a special category in the discover page that only has games that has been sponsored, but how much should you spend is up to you

3 Likes

I noticed that in sponsoring you have to select age (-13 or 13+), gender, on which devices, how much robux, and how long the sponsorship should run.
I would select -13 age (because its an obby), all gender, phone and pc for devices, but i have no clue how much robux and how many days. Since my goal is 20 players, is there any limit for this?

3 Likes

well how much robux and how many days its up to you, but how much robux are you willing to spend?

I currently have 50k robux and I am willing to pay like 3-5k. My goal is 20 active players. Do you know how much i have to spend for the playergoal?

id say 1k per day, 5 days, or 10 days, 500 per day, around that

1 Like

Well, if you’re not willing to spend you won’t profit.
10K a day if you want 20 concurrent for the whole day. Don’t overestimate your ads.
Personally I plan to do around 30K a day since my game requires matchmaking

2 Likes

If I spend 10k robux a Day (could do this for 5 days), would I make any profits?

1 Like

Use both, yin and yang style. There are so many free platforms where you can advertise your game, only advertising on Roblox is not effective and expensive for the amount of players you get in return.

It’s about building a community. Ads and sponsors will only get a player in your game for so long, build a brand around your game have people socialize about.

Be creative use Tiktok, youtube, reddit, you can even use the devforum as advertising

Cya, :wink:

1 Like

Hey there,
1 aspect is also searching for some youtubers. Firstly I give them some content and they give me players :wink: sadly i cold not find any yters yet who would cooperate with me…

Don’t be afraid to run test ads/sponsors. Set aside like 2k-3k robux to test these. See what gets more plays. I personally do sponsors just cause there is less work. Ads may work better than sponsors for your game, or the other way around.

I actually just started running some test sponsors about 6-8 hours ago. I have around 10 sponsors testing computer, phone and tablet. I tried <13, 13+, and <13, 13+. I put 500 robux per sponsor, all started within 5 minutes of each other.

So far, in order, here is the best sponsor out of those (based on cost per play).

1. Tablet, <13
  2. Phone, <13
  3. Computer, <13

These results may differ from others, so as said from above, do run your own test sponsors/ads to see what works best for you.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Only if the CTR is high enough, or else you won’t be able to hit the algorithm

1 Like

Think bigger, make your own youtube channel, post videos regularly, hire testers and have them talk about the game, promote it in discord servers, advertise your game in other games, join other forums like reddit.

If you’re going to market your game you have to stay on the consumers mind all the time. Post regularly, reply to all comments, engage everyone. And update the game regularly.

1 Like

I personally only sponsor. I sponsor on weekends 2.5k robux for 2 days and that usually gets me a good amount of players. So for that, I believe sponsoring is the best route when it comes to advertising your game.

2 Likes

preview :slight_smile:
I would advertise this at weekend. Is there anything that needs to be changed? (also is there a chance i would reach my goal of 20 players?)

2 Likes

I suggest not focusing on a certain number of players because that doesn’t mean that it will stay like that after your sponsor is over. If you want stability, you should sponsor a small amount e.g. 1K a day over a week or more so that the game has a flow of players. This also doesn’t guarantee you profit as obbys tend to have lower rates of return, so I would suggest starting off small and see how it goes over a week. Lastly, my preference is sponsors, you get access to a much larger target audience this way and its much easier to gain players from mobile/tablet users this way.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I would sponsor 1k for 5 days straight then? It would be great if you get back the Amount you just sponsored, so you can sponsor the same amount again without any looses :smiley:

1 Like

Yep thats a good way to approach it. Over the 5 days you will see if you make it back, if you do then you can carry on doing more sponsoring. Otherwise you can change up some stuff to try and increase revenue or use a different method of promotion.

2 Likes

It looks good to me, you should get a few thousand visits or at least over a 1000 minimum, and if the gameplay is good, you will maybe retain 20 players at once if that’s what you mean.

1 Like

From my experience running ads, tablet and phone is a bad combination. Adding PC doesn’t make things better. I’d try running tablet or phone only, but that is just my opinion and from my experience, so it may be different from yours!

1 Like