Advice for logo creating!

Hello there!

I am Anix and recently I posted topic related to GFX asking for tips and advices.
I really got used to creating GFX!
Now in mean time while I think of an ideas I want to start making logos for my future game, I am not really skilled in that field, but I am using photoshop and custom fonts and custom “GFX packs” which include a lot of effects that helps to make cool stuff.

I see that a lot of people on roblox have ability and skill to create awesome and amazing logos.
So this is question to those people, how you learned it?
What would be the best way to create logo?
Any youtube tutorials or websites I can check out and try to follow the steps in video/website?

Any reply related to my questions would really help me a lot!

Thanks for reading :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey there! I’d be honored to give some advice with creating logos.

I personally do not use PhotoShop, and do not have any experience with it. Although, I use Inkscape, and I believe the programs do the same job. A tip: practice, practice, practice. Try out some different text styles! Search up logos you want to replicate, and try improvising and make them! It does take a bit of effort to get started, but once you figure out how to add outlines on text, create icons to add onto the text, you’ll just keep improving! I do not currently know any YouTube or website tutorials for this style of logo, but your best work will not come from a video or site, it comes from your own skill and effort. I hope you figure out things, and I hope my reply helped. :happy2:

3 Likes

I think the best way to learn is just to make a lot of logos. As for tutorials, the right tutorial really depends on the style of logo you would like to create.

2 Likes

I am downloading Inkscape, is that a program where I need pencil to draw or I can simply use mouse?
Thanks for responding!

1 Like

Inkscape is not quite a program where you can draw things. Although, the method for creating these logos are quite simple in this program. You can add text, use a pen tool to create custom shapes, and make squares, circles, stars, and triangles using a few buttons. Since Inkscape is a program for the computer, you will not be needing a pencil. I’m glad my reply to your post helped! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not really an expert when it comes to logo but I recommend you to learn 1 style first when you are still a beginner

I also recommend you using a vector software and there are many of em, free one like Inkscape, Affinity designer if you can pay 50$ for a life time license or adobe Illustrator if you can paying subscription

I also suggest learning traditional art and learn how to use your pencil, it will make things a bit easier

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure on what you mean, but I’m assuming you’re seeking help on GFX.

I made a playlist that helped me as a beginner, you can find the post I added here: Art Support: || How to make GFX (Beginners)

2 Likes

Hey, @Anix_Y. I will give you some advice on creating a GFX logo. In my opinion, I would first find what editor is best for you. I would watch some YouTube tutorials on how to make stuff. If you want to blend your character, either use C4D or Blender. If you want to make your GFXs have a bit overlays, I would use the paint brushes photoshop gives you. I learned how to make GFXs by watching YouTube videos and asking my friends how they make their GFXs. I will be looking foward to your graphics.

• Dxiien
2 Likes

Thanks for that, but I don’t mean GFX under logo design. Under logo design I ment drawings and similar things.

1 Like

I know how to make logo with Blender, I am using that program for year now. But, under logo I mean drawings, cartoony style things

:man_facepalming:

Photoshop is a raster photo editor, and Inkscape is a vector editor, which is most comparable to Adobe Illustrator.

When using fonts, check their licenses. Also why are you using “GFX Packs” for logos? They’re OK for renders, but never logos. Logos should be rather simple and vector based.

You can use a drawing tablet if you have one. If not, use a pencil and paper. Drawing is only OK for sketching. Never the actual logo, it will be too messy.

Sure it is.

Don’t pay for either. Inkscape is just as good, if not better, and its also free and open source. Only learn illustrator if you want to work professionally as graphic designer.

Yes, this will help you sketch out your logos before making them, and generate a lot of good ideas in a short amount of time.

Logos should never use graphic effects or renders. Also GFX means graphic effects, which is already plural, so don’t say “GFXs”

A logo with blender? Lol

For a logo with blender, person that said it ment, creating a render which would be implemented in logo later on.
And why did you reply to every single comment :joy: