Advice on my GUI Buttons?

Hey everyone! :slight_smile: I made a few buttons with animations for my new upcoming game.

I’m just looking for advice.

Design:

Screenshot_1

All advice appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m crazy, but I feel like the button gets smaller and more distorted after you hover over it…

4 Likes

Oh, right. Just noticed that. Thank you for letting me know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be great if the text maintained it’s size. It just doesn’t look right when it gets bigger.

3 Likes

Couple of things:

• Make the text smaller and centered (STATS is higher up than the rest of the texts) so try to avoid having the text bounds hit the edge of the button.
  • The text becomming the same colour as the background when you hover over it doesn’t really work in y opinion. What I’d do is make the text smaller, and when you hover over it make it bigger, or can change the font to a bold or something.
  • You’re also not resizing the buttons to their original size when your mouse leaves them. They end up smaller.

I like the sound when you hover over them, as well as the button becoming more circular, but just look into the above points to try cleaning them up :+1: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for all of the advice. Will do! :slight_smile:

make sure you see how it looks for mobile ppl and their big hands.

2 Likes

Look good and it should be medium, kinda large for screen.

4 Likes

I actually think they are really unique! Its a cool idea how they change shape when you hover!

2 Likes

I scaled it, so I think it should be fine.

Yeah, I reduced the size a bit.

Thank you all for the feedback ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The GUI buttons seem great!
However! The only thing that I would do is make the text a little bit smaller, it seems a bit big, for the size of the buttons.

Good work though!

3 Likes

This seems to look bland…
Try to view an tutorial that would teach you making an wooden texture for GUI.
View this tutorial: How to create good User Interface for your games, it helped me to start on better game development.
(credits for the tutorial come to @TedArthur)

3 Likes