Advice on my UI?

I love designing UI! But I’m not entirely sure if this looks good to everyone else? Some opinions would be great :smiley: Like does it look too big? Take up too much space? Things that could be moved? What could be added?

The bottom right corner looks real weird with no info or anything and I’m not entirely sure what I could add there? This is like a players stats UI (So ignore ‘OnlyTwentyCharacters’ and the 10000 wins and what not, purely display purposes atm)

EDIT

New design. Not sure how I feel about the Tag Label being in the same row with the game data, but I don’t know where else to place it :confused:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am by no means someone who has any experience in design or UI development. I am also often told that I have a terrible sense of style, however one thing I noticed was the exit button, which felt off-putting because my eyes were constantly drawn to it instead of the entirety of it.

I suggest you try and integrate it with the rest of the elements, so that way it looks like one whole GUI instead of two separate ones.

Other than that, pretty good. I’m sure other people will give you some more advice too.

4 Likes

Thank you :smiley: I will look into moving it into a nicer spot :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have a lot of white space to the right of the statistics. Align the statistics by rows instead of columns, shorten the width if you still can by any degree then your can use the bottom space and make the money section and close button on the same row. (P.S I am no UI design expert but this is my initial suggestions)

1 Like

Not sure if I read your answer completely wrong but I tried implementing some of your suggestions:

It looks good but now theres empty space in the middle and left XD

1 Like

If this GUI is to show player stats, you could expand the gui a bit to create more whitespace. Then, add a scrolling frame in that space and use it for a grid of achievements the player has achieved in your game.

1 Like

That’s a good idea! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I shall add it somewhere :smiley:

The money and plus icon feels very close to the top. Move it down a bit.

Maybe review the Shneiderman’s rules of interface design to make sure that your UI would appeal to the audience

1 Like

It looks pretty nice, but there is a lot of blank space from the money and the tags/games/wins/losses.

Moving the Money down a bit would look nicer (imo) and the plus sign isn’t dead center which is driving my OCD crazy…

Other than that…Good job!!

1 Like

Try re-sizing the “X” button down to the blue outline. You don’t want players to be distracted by the exit button. You want them to be distracted by the content inside the frame. And for design purposes, I feel it would look better too.

For example:

4 Likes

On your edit, there is a lot of space that would be nice to see filled in.

Some advice when it comes to UIs.

Red Arrow - The value (numbers) and the title should match the correct font size (if not already). Also I noticed that the G where Tag text is touching the divider. Consider moving that up just a tad bit.

Blue Arrow - As @MasterXertz said, you should resize the X button. The X button, in this case, isn’t the emphasis of the UI.

Green Arrow - I don’t know about this but there is a big gap between where the Level frame is and the frame at the bottom. It should be a little bit closer.

Suggestions

One suggestion is to put the Buy cash button at the bottom where the Level Frame is.

3 Likes

They look nice. I like how your character’s name is there. Is that the profile UI you are showing? Looks nice.

1 Like

I’m not a UI designer by any means, however I do believe I can spot some ways to improve the UI. First, I believe if you make the dark grey top bar even on the sides with the linear box below it’ll look a little better. Secondly, I’m not sure if you have any plans to, but possibly integrating an overall leaderboard for all players in the server within the UI would boost compeition and thus game activity. Building on the last idea putting a line graph within the the UI of the players daily progression would be great! Overall though it looks amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice :grin: I’ll make some changes and come back and show you all :smiley: Really appreciated!!

1 Like

No problem!

@MasterXertz
Made the X smaller :smiley: Not sure if it needs to be smaller or not tho?

@2Hex
Moved the levels down a lil bit

1 Like

Great work!

This is how it looks in an actual game (other SS were taken from Studio)

1 Like

This may be a nitpick, but I would make the top bar either fully transparent or opaque.

1 Like