Advice on my UI

I have been working on the UI for a game, and want to get some feedback on it. To me, something just feels incomplete. Tell me your thoughts on the current state of the UI, so I can see if I am just being critical, or completely reasonable.

I mainly just wan’t to make the UI look more polished and complete. The version you see here is the improved version since I did not like the previous version either.

Be honest, and take advantage of the fact the game is still in pre alpha (since it is easy to redesign things).

• The UI is amazing
  • The UI is average
  • The UI is bad
  • The UI is terrible

0 voters

9 Likes

Wow, really polished UI’s so far!
I just want to add that the text on the bottom (and everywhere else) is of different sizes. I understand that this may be because TextScaled is used, but I personally don’t like that property enabled. If you want you can manually adjust the size of the text based on the player’s screen. I’ve tried it before and it works pretty well. (This is if you want to do this, again this is just my suggestion.)

Other than that, I really :heart: how you went with the material UI theme! Good luck on your project :+1:.

4 Likes

Thanks! I will take this into consideration when I edit the UI!

1 Like

Amazing UI!

I do have a few suggestions below

• The colons kind of look out of place, I think it would look better without them.

• I think the save/reset data buttons might look better in their own buttons, perhaps above the coin balance?

• Icons might look good next to the buttons.
    (or put the text in a heading at the top of the menu)

• Center the buttons on each side (vertically) in the edit plot menu? Personal preference myself as I like everything symmetrical.

Have a great day/night and good luck!

1 Like

Thanks! I will take this information, and see if I can improve the UI based on your suggestions.

Suggestions:
Keep the buttons on the bottom or in corner/one side. I feel having them in two key locations where tablet users have their controls could be annoying and accidental clicks.

For this page move the buttons more inward. Maybe its just me but personally I prefer the buttons to be inside the gui more and have white space around. Just looks more clear in my opinion. The buttons I guess you could say look kinda cluttered being so close together.

Also,
I did like the animations you added to the frames. Overall, the game looks pretty good. I would like to see the finished product :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the animations on the UI, and you’ve kept the theme pretty consistent which I like. The different scaled text sizes bug me personally, if you’re going to have different sized buttons/text then have some meaning behind it such as the importance of that button.

Here’s a few things I noticed:

• The Builders page seemed slightly different from the rest of the pages, it’s missing the blue line at the bottom of it.
  • There was no tweening in or out of the Builders page, it just appered and disappeared.
  • There’s a small typo on the Builders page, saying “Comfirm” instead of “Confirm”.
  • The “Close” and “Confirm” buttons on the Builders page look a bit out of place to me, perhaps if they were inside the main frame they’d look more consistent.
  • The D in the “Data:” title text at the bottom appears to join the frame to the left of it.

Looks like a great UI though, good job!

1 Like

I like the consistency of the UI that you’ve created, however there are a few things that I think could improve your work.

• There’s too much white blank space in your work, to change this you could add more buttons, make the background smaller, while maintaining the size of everything inside, or make the sizes of the things inside bigger.

• The sizes of the text are really inconsistent, using the ‘TextScaled’ property can be a real pain sometimes, however there are some ways to work around it.

• This may just be personal preference but, for the ‘Edit Plot’ UI, you should take the colours and the materials away from the edge of the background, so there’s less white blank space in the middle.

• I’ve noticed that for the currency UI on the left, the coin isn’t centered on the Y axis, and I think that it should be moved more inwards instead of pushing it against the edge of the screen.

• The + to open the ROBUX shop should always be visible, or somewhat visible, as this may confuse players on where to purchase things and may make yourself lose some ROBUX sales.

Other than that, this UI is looking really nice and clean. Good job. :grinning:

2 Likes

Decent! Maybe fix the colons. Looking a bit out of place.

1 Like

Maybe edit the bottom UIs list for when it shows. They are all really close together, and maybe even lines to show where the button part ends.

I suggest that there is a way to click the main title button of it to scroll the list out and back in. That way people can sometimes get it off their screens too, but bring the border lines back.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback (and the typo! I didn’t even realize)!

Ui looks cool but

In this picture that I just provided I dislike 1 thing Ui1’s corners are round and UI2’s corners are not rounded.

1 Like

Ok I will fix this. I think one of the main lacking points in the inconsistency. Thanks!

I had to watch the video on the website since you disabled it being shown on Creator Studio.

Considering that you have a “flat” style, it doesn’t make sense for some of the icons to have some shading

These textboxes do not look like you can type on it, it just looks like normal text. You should make it more obvious that you can type on it (don’t put an indicator like “oh hey you can type in here” just make it look like a text field)

sorry for the blurry images