Advice On Pricing

Hey guys, Ripper here.

The title is pretty self explanatory; I’ve been getting a lot of people telling me I’m charging too cheap so I thought I’d try to get some advice from you guys as so what I should really be charging.

You may remember the price list I posted back in January (RipperGFX - Graphic Designer (Updated)) - Note to prospective customers, my comms are closed, I just want to get an idea of pricing for once I become available again.

Here’s the actual price sheet if you don’t want to click the link:

My gallery:

https://contentdestroyed.carbonmade.com/

Some of my work:

So, how much should I charge?
Thanks for reading!

15 Likes

I’m not common with art related things, but you’re without a doubt pricing too cheaply. I’d easily spend more than $100 if I needed to commission you.

6 Likes

Double the price of everything imo, these are amazing.

2 Likes

These are top quality, and are the type of stuff that you would see on the front page. I agree with @CleverSource in that you should be charging somewhere around 100 USD, and at the very least 50 USD. You should also price the logos the highest, as designing them is a much more difficult skill than rendering, and many people will charge upwards of 250 USD for logos like that. Hope this helped, these are really great and I hope you stop undervaluing your amazing work!

1 Like

Well here’s the thing when it comes to business. People want to look for lower priced things when commissioning, but also want good quality. I remember when I was in Fiverr looking for a logo for my music, I bought 2 for $10. If you keep your prices the same, you’ll be getting more interest. If you raise them, you’ll be earning more, but not getting as many commissions. I hope this helps.

1 Like

If I were you, I’d open commissions and go from there. You will be most successful with your pricing if you base it off the popularity of your services.

For example if you get 3 commissions a day but you can only do 1, raise your pricing. If you feel you aren’t getting enough commissions, then keep the prices the same.

1 Like

You could easily charge $50+ for everything.

I would take a look at the pricing of other artist like IDontHaveAUse (this is an old post from him but the pricing still stands for what I suggest for you imo, his may be higher now).

You have some stellar work so you should certainly charge what is fair for the time it takes you, not for what gets you the most people lining up waiting, you don’t want to be swarmed taking more commissions just to make more money, when you can take less and make = or even more with less stress.

1 Like

These designs are very detailed and you could no doubt charge way more than you are doing now. I am not experienced in pricing but you can charge about 50$ for these.

1 Like

That’s true. For perspective, this is what I just woke up to (click on it for full image)

Oh jeez. XD I would definitely raise them a tiny bit none the less.

Your artwork is top notch quality, it is so Creative and Original, I think it is perplexing that you have your graphics that cheap, I would double them or even triple them, and put the price as it’s actual worth.

Personally, my opinion: I really love your work, especially some works (for example, the last), but I would not buy it for more than 10.000 R$. No matter, how beautiful it is, it’s better to spend that money on programmers. But as I said - your work is one of the best that I have seen in Roblox.

Just to clarify so this post stays consistent (as everyone else stated pricing in dollars). R$10,000 is $35 in DevEx pricing; pretty much he would be willing to pay $35 dollars.

1 Like