Aerith Gainsborough from FF7 Remake Sculpt Project

Heyo everyone!

Why?
I’m not really active on DevForum a lot, but I check it out sometimes when I get time for it. I usually post my creations, so I was thinking of posting this one as a topic. It’s been a while since I’ve worked on this project, I shared it on my Twitter, but then I thought “Okay how about sharing this on DevForum?”

What is this?
This is a project I’ve been working on for full week. It took me long time to learn female anatomy and proportions of the body. I’ve spent most of the time on the head, since I wanted this character to bring the very cute and slight expression of a smile.

Tell Us About It
I started with the head, since I wanted the hard part to be done before, so I can enjoy later work such as the body, clothing and hair. Sculpting clothing was the most satisfying part of the project, since it took one mouse swipe to give a somewhat clothing effect. This is one of my best creations so far, but I want to move forward and improve my skills even further to the next level. Just a note, characters been posed like this during a sculpt process, so I didn’t create any rig, because it would take too long to retopologize her and create an armature for her. I wish I did it, but it takes too much time. I’ve tried my best with rendering her with some proper lighting.

Any Last Words?
Yes! For many other artists out there, keep working on what you love, don’t quit it. Learn more every day and try doing some small projects for yourself, it can fill out your portfolio in the future!
I highly recommend advices from other experienced artists on DevForum (if they exist around here), I will appreciate their feedback! Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

That’s a lil’ mean. :pleading_face:

Although I’ve seen this model already, you did nice work on this model. Now make Tifa or I will scream.

This is amazing, I love it, nice work

They do exist and @Crazedbrick1 is a very popular and skilled and active developer :slight_smile:

honestly the flower looks a little weird, maybe have the basket the elbow curve? you did a really great job on this, and I am just a mere animator gfx artist trying to learn how to script and maybe model, i have no say in this. just that you are good.