AFK System module

Last year I created a cool AFK system that allows your players to say AFK and it puts them in a hidden area, perfect for games like FPS without lobbies and other things. I recently decided to make this open-source.
The system listens to triggers such as afk and brb.

I suggest putting a box around the red brick in case others decide to go AFK so they do not fall out of the map.

The system comes with a clean UI to use. If you need any assistance with setting up then I am more than happy to help!

The system responds to any form of activity, like pressing a key while in the game or moving the mouse.
Roblox will still kick after 20 minutes of idle.

Test the system here
Get the model here
GitHub Repository

56 Likes

Pretty cool system, I wish you didn’t get kicked after idle for 20 minus but that’s ok there’s no way around it. Well good job and best of luck, John.

7 Likes

Really nice system, was planning to make one of these myself so this has saved a lot of time for me, I recommend it to group games :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am unsure anything can be done about this.

2 Likes

This may help: Prevent AFK timeout

2 Likes

Can’t you loop some WalkToPoint for the current afk player? Will that still kick the player?

1 Like

I’m not all too sure, but as it is open source I am sure another developer would be happy to implement this.

1 Like

I wonder if you could make the player jump and prevent a timeout

1 Like

@Void_Frost @pranvexploder
This doesn’t effect how it operates, I suspect its binded onto the FocusLost or the input services and detects the time its lost / not being used for. As such no matter what the client scripts or server do, you most likely can’t prevent it.

You wouldn’t want to prevent it anyway, as its saving processing power on behalf of Roblox and stops people from using bots etc and being online for 4000 hours.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

I may redesign this as a ModuleScript or something with a bit more ease in the future.

4 Likes

There is a way around it KK (Karva’s Kingdom) somehow gets around it… It has to do with rejoining player back in after 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Now the problem is, couldn’t people also use this as sort of an “excuse”? When people are pvp and someone is about to die, couldn’t the person just say AFK and use that to prevent dying?

This idea is still very creative and useful, especially in round based games.

1 Like

You could edit it yourself to disable the use, since it’s open source and easily configurable.

1 Like

I think you can prob check the health of the player, if it’s low, deny the request, or wait a few seconds until it tps

1 Like

That could definitely work for FPS games.

1 Like

Could you make a GitHub repo/gist for this?

Would definitely like to contribute in some way or another.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for showing interest in helping to create AFK System.

I have created a GitHub repo, and it is accessible by anyone here:

1 Like

Looks great! I modified it a little to give it a newer look, I still left the credits.

1 Like

Would love to see how you changed it up, link to the game? :slight_smile:

From what I can find online, this is one that supposedly works in a script injector (so ran on client obv):
(NOT MY CODE)
https://pastebin.com/raw/sd4C8Fgm