After updating a plugin the mouse cursor stays only at loading icon

When I update one of my installed plugin, the studio refreshes (I think its normal) but the thing is, my mouse “cursor” icon becomes a loading icon. I thought it’s just my low specs laptop, So, I’ve waited, but for 15 minutes and it’s still the same. I can do some stuff normally like moving, scaling, selecting, etc.

My proof: (Sorry I don’t have a screen recorder on that time so I record it on my phone.)

9 Likes

I can confirm this is happening as well. However, unlike what OP stated, it seems to be enabling plugins that causes this issue, not the update action itself. Since updating has to re-enable the plugin, this holds.

I have noticed that this only occurs on larger plugins that have a longer init time. I tested this on my own plugin, which is a single script that only defines functions and does not do any preliminary setup for any data with the exception of the toolbar buttons. The plugin I used to test this can be found here. The second plugin I use, Moon Animator, can be found here.

Since my plugin loads almost instantly, it doesn’t seem to cause the loading cursor to be used at all, which presumably prevents this issue from happening.

Video of my small plugin that does not cause the loading cursor at all.

Video of a large plugin (Moon Animator) that causes the loading cursor to get stuck.

Hopefully this can help pin down the issue.

7 Likes

The fix does exists, recently found

1 Like

Although it’s an unusual way to remove it. maybe it’s just a visual bug for the mouse cursor. Anyway. it’s a great thing that there’s a method for it, so, I’ll make it as a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.