Age Verification is Broken For My Account

Recently, over the past two week, I have been attempting to verify my age in order to have my account labeled as “17+” and in order to do so, I have to undergo the pictures of government-issued ID which isn’t the issue. I have my driver’s license present as I take the photos that it requests (front and back) and line up the ID as centered as possible, however, no matter how clear and centered it is, it does not accept my ID. On top of this, after several attempts, it locks me out for an entire week.

I have had this issue for 2 weeks now, and I am currently on cool down to try again. I went to the website that does the verification, and their policy says to bring this matter up with the company that uses their services (roblox). I’m aware that I cannot send any government issued pieces of ID to any roblox representatives to get a manual overwrite, but this is quite irritating nonetheless.

Expected behavior

With clear photos of my ID, I should be able to verify with ease, as I am well over 17 (I am 23 as of writings this).

A private message is associated with this bug report

7 Likes

Make sure your eyes are clearly open when taking the selfie. I had the same problem, but eventually after making sure my eyes were wide open, it worked. Also, it trys to extract the text, so if any text is sideways, it probably won’t work as well.

1 Like

It never asks for a selfie, it usually only requests the front side and backside of my ID, which are perfectly aligned with how the template wants, yet nothing becomes of it

5 Likes

Hi Revelted,

Sorry to hear about the problems you’ve had trying to verify your ID. I made some configuration changes on our side that should prevent your ID from getting rejected again, and also removed you from the cooldown period.

Please try verifying again, and let me know how it goes.

5 Likes

Thank you, it worked first time this time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.