AI Code recommendation beta is running and giving recommendations even though I have it disabled in the Beta Features

AI Code recommendation beta is running and giving recommendations even though I have it disabled in the Beta Features

Expected behavior

If I don’t have it enabled, it shouldn’t be running and giving code suggestions.

4 Likes

The AI Code Assistance feature is no longer in beta, and thus can no longer be disabled through the beta features dialog. It should no longer show up there; if it does then that’s a bug.

Nevertheless, it can be disabled through Studio settings:
File → Studio Settings → Script Editor → General → Suggest Code Automatically

Unchecking this box should disable the automatic code suggestions from this feature, though you will still be able to access it through the keyboard shortcut.

6 Likes

Should the AI Code Assistance feature no longer be found in the beta features dialog in Roblox Studio since it’s out of beta? If it’s still there, does that mean there’s a problem?

1 Like

At this point, AI Code Assistance should not be present in the beta features dialog. If it’s still there that would indicate a bug.

2 Likes

Thank you. I do appreciate the AI code recommendation, but for us it’s not quite there yet and seems to just get in the way. I would like to give some proper constructive feedback sometime, but when I compare it to working in C++/Python/JS over with JetBrains using GitHub Copilot, it has a long way to go. It doesn’t seem to understand the structure of the project very well, seems to just be guessing at random non-existing code rather than interpreting the code base. I would favor having proper working basic intellisense first haha.

To answer your question, yes - it’s still present in the beta features which is why I was confused. The naming in settings is a little dubious considering it’s an “AI-powdered” code recommender. I tried searching for it but came up with nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.