AI Mocap Animation! [INSANE BREAKTHROUGH, IMO]

I just made an animation using DeepMotion AI! Basically, I just had to take a video of me dancing/moving (free version only lets you do up to 10 seconds recording), and I just uploaded the video, then I could download the video converted to FBX! Then I exported that to Roblox. And I made an NPC do the dance on loop! Yes I literally did the exact dance that’s in the game, in my basement! Here’s the game to check it out! Me Actually Dancing! [Artificial Intelligence] - Roblox

As you see in the topic’s title, this seems like such an insane breakthrough in my opinion. Just having to record a 10 second video instead of animating manually for HOURS is just insane.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this? Also @xander5610, I remember you wanted to use that MediaPipe thing to animate, well this is at least a step towards that!

Edit: I will write a tutorial post tomorrow if anybody is interested enough!

6 Likes

That is pretty cool!
I’m going to try that soon!!

1 Like

back when the Xbox Kinect received a PC adapter I remember clearing an area in my living room to try and mocap off it into Blender, what a headache of a journey that was with software, plugins and having to rig a model exactly as the XBox was capable of recording. After all that it had a terrible pov, anything slightly obscured would break limbs and it was only capable of 30 fps (though it’d create keyframes at more like 22 fps)

nice to see today a smartphone app outperforms it

3 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing! This looks like a breakthrough to me too.

1 Like

Yes please write a tutorial on this.

This would be a huge thing for people to learn about. It can be used everywhere!

Great work.

2 Likes

It will make everything so much easier!

1 Like