Aim Down Sight is always off-centered and hard to center

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to be able to have a perfectly centered ADS system.

2. What is the issue?
    The ADS is always off-centered and I can’t figure out how to center it.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    Searched for existing devforum articles, none of them helped. EgoMoose one doesn’t fix my issue because I use attachments and not parts.

Here is the code for my ADS system:
If i add rotation it becomes even more off-centered and rotates in strange directions.

local dist = Arms.PrimaryPart.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(Arms.Client.Handle.AimPoint.WorldCFrame)
local distCF = CFrame.new(-dist.X,-dist.Y,0)
offsetTween = TweenService:Create(script.Offset, TweenInfo.new(0.25, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad), { Value = distCF })
offsetTween:Play()

I’ve had this issue for over 3 months but just dealed with it because if i made the mouse invisible you cant really tell how off-centered it is (but its really off-centered)

1 Like

Have you tried using CFrame:Lerp?

Wouldn’t make a difference in how centered it is.

Are you sure you aligned the Attachment Correctly?

If I align it 100% centered to the iron sight it goes extremely offcentered. I have to move it a little bit to the side or up or down to actually make it look centered but then it isnt centered to the screen.

1 Like

The sight looks centered enough I think

Check if the Position or Orientation of the Weapon is Aligned with the Viewmodel, usually that’s the issue when trying to create a aiming system

Oh, does your camera part move with the gun?

1 Like

Oh you might want to add a part for the red aiming thing, just like a real gun. It’d be more realistic

I don’t know what you mean by that but the weapon is attached to the viewmodel perfectly fine. Just how I offset the camera is wrong and I don’t know whats wrong about it.

1 Like

I don’t really want red dot sights on my guns. And when I have added them they’re also off-centered.

I think you just need to get the camera offset or animation perfect. There’s no easy way out I think

There is no aim animation. Its procedural.

1 Like

Not sure, you Usually use CFrame:Lerp to aim a viewmodel as it is more Linear with CFrame while TweenService Performs a type of Animation with the given TweenInfo, but is less accurate doing so

Do you use a part that’s connected to the gun?

Perfectly aligning it does this.
Don’t know if you can see it but the iron sights aren’t centered.

1 Like

If the animation is procedural and im guessing the position of the gun is based on that, why not just put some offset on the procedural animaton?

Well, from the information I’m given, I think it’s a weird positioning issue. I do have one question though, and do you position your aim UI by doing 0.5,0,0.5,0 with an anchor point of 0.5,0.5? I know that’s a stupid question but that’s all I have left

1 Like

What I’m doing it offsetting the viewmodel to center the aimpoint. But this causes issues with the iron sights being off-centered.