Airbus A380 project

This is a recreational of a jumbojet from an airbus manufacturing company airbus as this jet is called A380.

View hidden details for more view of the project.

Nose shaping

Inorder for me to shape the nose correctly, i splitted the nose into 2 parts so i can union them into 1 for later runs.

Wing shaping (Part - 1)

Inorder for me to start the shape of the wings, i had to shape the basic wings into a fat block, which eventually gets carved. (See image below)

Processes of aftewings being carved and curved.

Processes of the wing after the aft carving.

Fuselage improvements.

This is were i improve the fuselage smoothness mostly.

Wing shaping (Part - 2)

This is were i carve the fwd of the wings to a round aerodynamic surface shape.

Current condition of the project recently now.

Here are a few screenshots of were the A380 is now.

6 Likes

Great! I want to say about the similarity of the model with the drawing, also I want to say about the engine. It is looking good , but the yellow marking inside is uneven. I’ll give 8,5 out of 10 to this model because it is unfinished, but the main base is looking good. It would be nice if you add engines, flaps, chassis and etc…
Good luck!

2 Likes

It looks pretty good.
I built an F4U Corsair a few years ago out of Parts and Wedges, then tried to make it a Union, but that just turned into a horrible mess.
That’s where I learned how to use Blender to make it a MeshPart.
Meshes are sooooo much cleaner and easier to use than Unions, and you have less of a chance of getting the angled/shadowed surfaces showing up like you get with Unions.

2 Likes

Good job and good luck with this project.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feed back, and yes i will be adding more of those stuff as the progress goes.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feed back, unlikely i would ever use mesh.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feed back, much appricated!

2 Likes

This is probably the best CSG aircraft in Ro- Aviation yet! Great Job!

3 Likes

Thank you for the feed back! :wink: :airplane:

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you use a Mesh. You can take your Union and export it to Blender, then clean it up there.
Like I said, it’ll be a lot smoother looking, and you’ll probably get 1/3rd the amount of Tris than in the Union, which will help performance.

2 Likes

This is true, however i will lose my benifits for switching to mesh. And i find mesh to just be annoying too smooth like a plastic toy. I dont get lags on my unions or excessive tris because i know a way to optimizing the unions even thought the weird shading is not like majorly a biggest concern in the mean time since the project is barely done. Currently the place file size is only at 878kb, If it was union v2 then… thats a different story.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 140709