AISync - ChatGPT in Roblox

Hey, this is a little project I made called AISync.

A short explanation: AISync is a roblox plugin that allows users to input prompts and ChatGPT to return the response from the given prompt.

I’d like to improve the UI a little bit so any feedback would be nice

AISync Devforum

Thanks for reading! - Repturr

5 Likes

The warning text at the bottom is hard to read. Otherwise, this looks pretty sleek.

Criticism about releasing this plugin

Implementing ChatGPT as a plugin is good and bad. Why? A developer could put a bad request in and get items that may not fit with Roblox’s community standards (that developer may also be banned later on). If you are going to release this plugin, moderate it accordingly.

If this is the case, I would recommend using the Roblox chat filter for both the input and the output boxes.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily plan on releasing this anytime soon, just something I made out of pure boredom. But yes the chat filter will be implemented for both input & output

1 Like

You can’t use Roblox’s text filter outside of a game,thr api doesn’t provide any function to do that as they either require a user ID or a player instance.

The title literally states “in Roblox”, so I am not sure why you’re saying that it won’t work outside of Roblox when it’s being used in Roblox.

When response is delivered back from Chat GPT, they can filter the response via Roblox chat filter in a server script, and then sent the filtered response to the client.

I know how the filter works but you are missing a point: “AISync is a roblox plugin”, this implies that AISync runs in studio but in edit mode there is no player instance so the filter can’t be used.

My bad, but can’t you use :GetNonChatStringForBroadcastAsync() though? It doesn’t seem to require any player.

The issue is that all filter functions do not work in Studio. The best OP could do is require the user to provide their own API key, since then they would have to agree to OpenAI’s terms of use and service.

You can use it outside of a game. The ROBLOX filters are provided by a third party API.