Align Dragged Objects is Impractical to Enable

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find and enable the Align Dragged Objects setting.

Objects had recently stopped aligning to surfaces when dragged. I was baffled, as I had not touched a single setting concerning this behavior.

As it turns out, the only way to find this setting is by right clicking an object.

This workplace-wide setting is inconceivably tucked away in a menu consisting entirely of object-specific operations.

The Align Dragged Objects setting must be a toggle under the Model ribbon, where other dragging/ workplace-wide settings are found.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to more easily enable and disable Align Dragged Objects.

9 Likes

I support this. It seems that this setting is turned off by certain random Roblox updates. This is far from the first time I or someone else have suddenly had this turn off without our knowledge, intent, or overall, input in Studio.

2 Likes

It is also possible to enable it in the quick access bar, so the button will be at the top of your studio window

2 Likes

I’ve been having a problem with this for the past few days and I’m so happy I found this post. Would definitely support having this under model.

2 Likes