Align Faces and Edge?

Hello, I come from an architectural and 3D modeling background and pretty much every modeling software I have used allows you to align edges and faces to be flush with each other. Sometimes this is called snapping, depending on how the operation is performed.

The image below shows the part in question (brown) is not perfectly flush withe the floor (green). In another software I would simply use snapping or a similar operation to bring them together. So far in Roblox studio the only thing available by default is to set your move to very small amounts and hope for the best.

I am often moving parts by the 1/100th of a stud:

I did find a plugin that said it would be able to do this by Stravant, but when installed it doesnt appear in the Plugin ribbon so I do think I can use it. It was published in 2015.

Does anyone know a plugin that can do what I am trying to do here?

Thanks!

4 Likes

There is a plugin, Build V4, that sorta has a HALO 4 / HALO 5 magnet system with it when you use the path creation tool, or the terrain creation tool. Simply create a part of the size you want, and then using the terrain or path tool, click on the side you want the object to be placed on.

I do think Roblox needs some sort of Magnet system, or Align system as you said. Perhaps you or I could write a forum post requesting the feature. :slight_smile:

3 Likes