AlignOrientation CFrame is missing from Properties

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to use the CFrame property of AlignOrientation because it does not appear in the Properties pane.

As a result, I have to resort to writing code in the command line:

Additionally, having the property hidden makes it difficult to discover. I had to be informed by a friend that this property existed.

Recently the other CFrame properties (BasePart.CFrame, Camera.CFrame, etc) have been unhidden, so it would make sense to unhide this one too.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d be able to manipulate the CFrame property on AlignOrientation object without using the command line.

8 Likes

Thank you for your report! I’m checking to see if we can change this. I’m pretty sure we hid this originally because CFrame is hard to edit, but now we are probably good to change it.

That being said, no promises! We may decide to not allow this at all! Just wanted to provide additional clarity that this is being looked at.

Edit: (4/12/2023) Looks like this if fixable! No promise on release date, but I’ve written the code.
Edit 2 (4/13/2023): Code is merged! Now we wait a few weeks!

3 Likes

Hi! This is now released.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.