AlignPosition is not working as intended

Hello developers! I’ll get straight to the point. I’ve been working on a carrying system and for some reason AlignPosition is making the player being carried lag behind.

Here’s a video showcasing it in action: robloxapp-20211223-1322437.wmv (685.1 KB)

Here’s how the properties look when I create AlignPosition in game:

Here’s the code that creates it:

1 Like

Did you use SetNetworkOwner on the player you’re carrying so that the carrier has network ownership over them? If the network ownership doesn’t belong to the player, it can lead to that discrepancy in response time because it’s still dependent on how the carried player renders the align position on their client. Also, I’m curious as to why you decided to use AlignPosition to create a carrying system. It’s not bad necessarily, it’s just I would have expected a WeldConstraint or legacy Weld to be used.

I tried using a WeldConstraint but it was buggy since the player was being pushed down and dragged behind in a lot of cases.

1 Like

Hm, so SetNetworkOwner does indeed work, but over time the network owner of the carried player is switched back to default.

1 Like

Have you tried turning off CanCollide?

This is somewhat inefficient, but you could make a loop to ensure the network ownership is always applied as long as the player is being carried if that’s the case.

Question , Did you set every part in the char to Massless and turn Can Collide off as well?