All audio I upload is removed for copyright no matter what

I’ve made sure numerous times that the audio I’m uploading is not copyrighted. The original creator lists it as uncopyrighted, yet Roblox still removes it? How can I get around this and why does this happen?

9 Likes

Roblox Moderation in a nutshell.

11 Likes

Also happen to me. There is nothing you can do, try emailing Roblox. They might be able to help.

3 Likes

What name are you calling the audio?

2 Likes

the same thing happened to be with NCS music once and I still dont know how or why it happened
you can try emailing ROBLOX
Support - Roblox

2 Likes

Track3…‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

Just use audio uploaded by Roblox itself. This way that won’t happen. Though your choices are limited for the better good.

1 Like

seems I’ll have to :/‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

have you tried uploading on alt accounts?
that might help

1 Like

I have to agree, they’re moderation sucks.

I uploaded an “E” image and they moderated it lolll

1 Like

I recently tried to upload an image, and it said the file name was inappropriate. I changed it to the letter “e” and it still said it was inappropriate.

1 Like

Roblox hates the letter “e”

2 Likes

how the heck are you supposed to use roblox audio when theyre so poorly named to where you look up “door open” and somehow thats a song?

4 Likes

That’s the problem, your choices are too limited. For example a sound effect or music that fits your game is going to be impossible to find what you actually want, therefore this isn’t really a great alternative.

file a ticket @ www.roblox.com/support under “moderation” and “appeal account or content”. find the email in outlook/gmail/yahoo etc and reply to the bot message with a copy of your mp3 track. attach any copies of digital licenses (if you have them) and the link you got the audio from too.

i had this issue happen to me before and got my audio successfully appealed within a day!! thx harv

edit: ouch i didnt realise how old this post was sorry lol

1 Like

It’s not really that old, I don’t think anyone’s gonna get pissed but if the post is like from 6 years ago, yeah maybe

legit hate it when people reply to old topics then i reply as well just to get added to the list of post necromancers

1 Like

Sound effects and songs have different purposes, and if you don’t like the sounds/songs made by Roblox or other creators then make your own so you wouldn’t be complaining.

the file is blocked soo it wont let u upload it

How I worked around this is I removed the audio file’s metadata - it seems that roblox looks at the audios metadata and sees which artist wrote it / if it’s part of the album. The system seems to go “well it’s someones work and I’m too lazy to determine if it’s copyrighted so ill block it”. Google how to remove metadata. It’ll go through, (though I had some errors the first 2 times I tried uploading after removing metadata). And I guess this is fine as long as its not really copyrighted - so if you wanna avoid bans just be correct :slight_smile:

edit: Preview works but is blocked by Roblox anyways once in game. I guess Roblox really intended to block all audio.