ALL Badges are Gone (On Profiles)

If this were intentional rather than a bug then it removes yet another way of advertising for small developers. Many games used Badges to advertise on people’s profile- this is a fairly effective way to maintain growth after an initial ad run or sponsorship. For the cost of just 100R$ you were able to have a permanent advertisement across many players accounts and inventories. I believe this should be either fixed or reverted immediately because of this.

Edit: I can verify this happens on Android, iPhones, and on Windows pc.

11 Likes

Yeah and I have appeared to lost all my badges i earned from Last year as Well when i checked my Inventory.

3 Likes

Hi! We are aware of this and working on a fix. Thank you for your patience :pray:

56 Likes

The reason for this is because you have BTRoblox installed. If you disable it, it doesn’t show player badges at all.

I personally think that if they remove badges like this, there is no point in having badges in your games. This should be fixed asap.

7 Likes

Cannot replicate, my badges are fine, and on my profile.

2 Likes

Badges do not show on my main profile, and only the 100 most recent, which is just over 3 pages, show up in inventory. Like many others, this is frustrating and a bit upsetting and some clarity from a webdev or database admin would help clear things up.

Ok, looks like in another thread an admin responded with the following: Inventory Page Only Shows Most Recent 100 Badges - #8 by OuterspaceNemo

4 Likes

Not those types of badges, the type that are given by Roblox. Like a 1k visits badge, inviter badge, etc.

2 Likes

you can see your badges because you have BTRoblox (like me)
if you disable it, there will not be a badges section on your profile.

3 Likes

This is bad. A really bad bug. What’s so bad about it, you ask? Well…

Say for example, you were to view a Roblox administrator’s profile. But unfortunately due to this bug, you cannot see that they are an administrator. The only way that they could be an administrator is if they are in the Official Group of Admins.

This means that anyone could technically impersonate admins with this bug.

3 Likes

Why would they remove something millions of people spent millions of Robux on?
Now people will say they’re a Roblox admin.
It’ll be a waste of time for the people who spent 100s of hours badge collecting.

I honestly think this was intentional because Roblox is slowly getting worse over the years.

My last account was banned for having an fps unlocker which I think was unfair.
Let’s just hope Roblox doesn’t remove everything else we love like friends and groups.

4 Likes

Agreed especially on the point above; I wrote a reply on the forums a while back detailing just how useful badges can be to spread word of a game!

In addition, they were the fastest method of identifying whether or not an admin was indeed and admin, now, one must scroll through potentially long lists of groups just to see whether or not they are officially employed by Roblox.

BitwiseAndrea has came to the rescue! They have informed us to much relief that this is indeed just a bug and not a feature swept under the rug. Thank you!

7 Likes

I had 200+ pages of badges, now it only shows 4 pages for me. Along with this new bug where I cannot even view my or other players’ badges at all. Very annoying.

3 Likes

This needs to be fixed ASAP. This has the potential to be dangerous for impressionable kids who fall for admin scams, now there’s no way of telling who’s an official Roblox admin unless they looking through all their groups…

3 Likes

A fix is in the works, as Bitwise said further up.

1 Like

Staff will never contact you outside of official channels and will never ask you to do anything related to security of your account. You should never do favors that compromise your account security for people who say they are staff regardless of whether they have the Roblox staff badge or not.

Not being able to see admin badges is inconvenient but should not matter at all if you are sane about security.

4 Likes

Have you considered that there are Roblox users which are, you know, vulnerable and impressionable kids?

Like, other than the OP?

For younger users an admin badge really does matter as they are not as vigilant as most people on this forum. Have you considered that @AubSob2020 is not the only individual on this platform?

Think of it like this. There is a very official looking Roblox message who really claims they are an admin. These have been popping around lately.

Now imagine me as the innocent kid. I would never trust someone with my info but… they look so legit as a member of Roblox staff!

With no way of easily discerning whether or not they are an administrator I may very well believe the message they sent. They said that they are legitimate, correct? I wouldn’t want to be banned for not following instructions…

Boom. There goes my account.

Do you see the issue now?

9 Likes

Maybe do a double-take on posts before replying in the future (and also avoid text-walling people unnecessarily, I’m not reading all that).

I’m just reinforcing that people shouldn’t blindly trust anyone who says they are a staff user and needs them to do anything (even if they have a staff badge) – the person I’m responding to suggested otherwise which is dangerous behavior security-wise. A staff user can be compromised.

3 Likes

Since when?? All they quite literally said was that people would say that they were a Roblox admin. Since when did they suggest that “users should trust Roblox admins all the time?” It sounds like you’re shoving words into my- and their- mouth.

You explicitly stated that:

I argue the contrary. Admin badges are necessary. This is the statement I am responding to. You argue that you shouldn’t trust anyone ever and therefore the badge is useless- I argue that it is useful.

So you literally refuse to read the post you are responding to yet you demand that I read the post I am responding to. Double standards much?

13 Likes

I think impersonation is a non-problem. Does the staff badge still appear in-game? If it does then this is good. Someone that is under 13 their account should be configured appropriately so they shouldn’t randomly be messaged, if they are 13+ that is absolutely on them for being impressionable.

1 Like

The same people who fall for those messages are the same people who don’t check badges in the first place. This likely does not affect on the scale you think it does. No need to write essays.

10 Likes