All forum users should have a path forward to be able to post in feature requests

This is actually an issue people care about? If the like limit is hit that often it should be a separate feature request. They should probably just make it the same between all trust levels.

Lounge is not a useful forum category.

Seems like there is no real issue with egalizing trust levels except for reporting bugs and requesting features.

I dont know about anybody else, but I reach my like limit about once or twice per week, then it gets super picky about giving you likes. If they were to do this, I think they should raise the current member one to the current regular one.

And also, trust levels are indeed rather essential. You’re probably more likely to follow a tutorial with no proof from a Regular than a Member, right? Same goes for a new module that you come across. if it’s brand new and has no likes or replies, you’re more likely to ignore it if it’s from a member probably, this is just a guess, take it with a grain of salt

I wasn’t targeting #lounge in specific here. But, as I have said in the past, that would be nice to have. According to the rules, the rules are much less strict on professionalism in lounge.
I’m pretty sure that there’s another category or two that only regulars get. Most of the other private ones are pretty easy to obtain access to, as I have access to #beta-groups:developer-modules. It’s pretty dead there anyways, it’s just a way to request developer modules.

i feel like i just made myself sound like i want access to as many categories as i can… i dont, that’s not the point of the forum. in general, i only use #resources , #help-and-feedback , #updates , and maybe some more. it would be VERY nice to have access to feature requests and bug reports, which is the entire point of this topic.

2 Likes

Not really, because forum trust level has very little to do with proficiency. If anyone thinks trust levels mean anything more than just “how long you’ve been in community and how much time you spent on forum”, that’s all the more reason to get rid of them, so that that’s less confusing.

I quite literally proved my point, I have liked ~50 posts today and I’m out of likes for the second time today. It’s an issue for me because I’m pretty generous with likes.

And as I said, it’s just a guess that people would actually do it and to take it with a grain of salt.

1 Like

So make a feature request about it!

Oh yeah, its been coming soon for 3 years.

We need a new system now.

3 Likes

Hasn’t even been 2 years yet though…

But that’s besides the point. Would you rather have a sloppily implement system? Or a system that’s detrimental to the people who have to work with it? Let them work, you’re not going to die because you can’t post in #feature-requests. Report bugs to @Bug-Support, and be patient. You won’t get anything by saying you “need it now”.

To be fair, bug support is pretty slow and unreliable. Your bug will get thrown out if one of the 2 admins in it cant reproduce it.

Yeah well that kind of highlights the issue. You need to be able to make something that scales well and is beneficial for everyone. Obviously, @Bug-Support is not scaling well. Is it a bit ridiculous that it’s been a few months under 2 years? Yes, but there’s nothing you can do. Complaining over and over isn’t going to make it come faster.

But if it can’t be reproduced then it kind of makes sense? Do you expect all Roblox staff to try and reproduce your bug?

2 Likes

I don’t think the problem is the lack of post approval. It’s the severe lack of transparency on Roblox’s side. Over the past year and 4 months, Roblox has said one thing regarding post approval coming back, and it wasn’t even that reassuring. " Soon ™️ " When exactly is this soon" 2 weeks? 5 months? 2 years?

If you’re going to remove a feature to make it better, at least update the community on it. Otherwise, it gives the appearance that it got ignored and scrapped.

8 Likes

At least more than 1 person, I can make reports now but when I couldn’t I found a pretty awful bug (my camera was slowing down), and one admin told me that they couldn’t reproduce my issue and tried to close it, in the admins fairness I gave a few games I found the issue to be in and they played all of the games to see the issue, but the admin still couldn’t find it so the issue got closed in the end. The main point is bug reports can be much better if you have millions of people to say “I can reporduce this!” instead of one person.

CC: @Sir_Highness
It’s easy to throw together a system that’ll just completely run the site to the ground. It’s much harder to make something that will make sure that people who do get promoted don’t mess up with the current system of reporting that Roblox relies on. We don’t go through all the checks and balances that others have to in order to be like “yea here’s a bug we encountered”. I agree, a new system is needed but again, not at the cost of burning everything already established to the ground. I can bet both of my hands that they’re simply working on balancing everything.

cc: @darkpixlz
In fairness to the staff members, they got 100s of reports daily that don’t even follow the format that would make it any better for them to find the issue. Can’t say that I’ve seen those reports but from seeing how things used to be before PA was even a thing, I can see why they wouldn’t bother going through those this often.

cc: @Crazedbrick1

Apparently they did have a system that was supposed to go live as soon as everything else was shut down but it crapped out last minute and fixes needed to be implemented before it’d ship. Seems like they just decided to say “screw this” and are reworking everything behind the scenes. I’ve been saying for months that they should’ve just restored PA and allow more people to volunteer for the position while they’re working on the new system.

2 Likes

Please list sources when making statements like this. My understanding is completely different and so this doesn’t seem accurate at all. And I like to believe that as the person that managed post approval from the community side I would know if they had a system ready to go.

1 Like

This is not correct, here is another staff response from 2 months ago with more details:

2 Likes

Yes, but in that statement peraldon never stated when. On the contrary, he said “I’m not going to give a timeframe, but we’re definitely working on it.”.

That’s almost just as broad as Kairomatic’s statement “Soon TM”

5 Likes

Implementing a method for Dev’s that are 3+ year forum members who are obviously not trolls would not be ‘running the site to the ground’. Its not that hard to come up with a system.

Its not that hard in the case of a spammer or troll to remove whatever you call this elevated status (Regular or whatever new name you want to call it). A troll wouldn’t likely put in the effort to gain this status in the first place.

It is very discouraging to be a member here for 3+ years and not have access to post in Bug Reports and Feature Requests. I know you can email to get a bug report submitted, but that’s not the point. You can’t comment in Feature Requests, can’t post to Feature Requests or Bug Reports.

If they will not bring back Regular status attainability, to be fair, they should take Regular status away from every Dev who has that now. How do they deserve it more than anyone else. Half of them or more are probably gone.

1 Like

When I’m posting a bug report, I’m doing Roblox a favor. I don’t have to help, I don’t have to contribute to making the system better. I’m taking my time to improve the system. The least they can do is make it easier for me to help them!

I don’t need it, they need it.

2 years 3 years, either way, equally ridiculous.

2 Likes

I do somewhat agree with you, but as a new devforum user, I don’t really have a significant opinion, since I am after all, very new to this, as a member rank.

1 Like

I’ve been visiting and reading on the forums since 2018, and I’ve been posting to small degrees since 2019. I’ve visited for 1.4k days now. Despite this fact however, I have no more permissions than the day I was invited to the forum.

I program on a regular basis, I run into bugs, I find features lacking, and I think it’s important that I and others are able to report bug fixes / request features. I understand that these channels should be locked down to newer members (given the growth of the forum as of late), but it is frustrating that I and many others do not have access to essential parts of the forum.

I’m glad at the very least Roblox is doing something to rectify this, but it is still annoying nonetheless.

8 Likes

I’ve been following this post for a while, so I thought of chipping in

In my experience, for bug reports and feature requests you can message Bug-Support or DevEngagementTeam and someone will respond about what needs to be changed, etc. For me it works just like Post Approval albeit slower and without trust levels

I believe there should be a trust system where after making 2-3 successful reports/requests to DevRel you can freely post those categories.
I also believe that members should also be able to reply in Feature Requests since our only way to show support is by giving a like, there’s no way for us to present our use-case or thoughts on the feature.

It seems to me that everyone who is in opposition are primarily Regulars who already enjoy their freedom and are only making slippery-slope arguments that somehow changing the system will “run the DevForums down” without evidence. I guarantee every Regular would suddenly be in favor of change if they were to be demoted to Member

6 Likes