All of my games lighting broke?

• I’m trying to fix the lighting
  • The lighting broke for all games, which broke about this morning
  • I’m not very good at lighting

Every game has the same problem, it has the same lights, it just broke this morning.

11 Likes

Are you currently using Point Light for the lights?

1 Like

Might be related to this:

2 Likes

I’ll check. (30 characters reply)

It’s looking like this. The beams went to full lighting, it looks ugly as it seems as it looks like it’s only decals hanging off the lights.
Before:

After:

As @Scottifly says, I’m 100% sure it is related to the same issue of rendering, check the bug report first. They seem to have the exact same issues with the same lights you’re using/beams.

Hey I don’t know how much this will help but. You can add a neon cone and make it tall and thin to fit the light. Also make it transparent so it has the look you’re going for.

I think it’s because of the 429 release. Someone posted there that they had the same issue. It’s weird, because I don’t think it’s actually written on the notes themselves…

1 Like

Atmosphere was added according to the logs, and that seems to be where the issue is stemming from. (I also have the issue, so I disabled them until the issue is resolved)

Can I ask how you managed to disable them?

Use the command bar in studio and loop through your game and do a conditional statement with if v:IsA(“Beam”) and then set Enabled to false.

I’ll try that. (30 characters)

Oops… I misunderstood, I thought by disable them you were referring to the new atmosphere change Roblox added, my bad! My issues extend beyond just beams so unfortunately disabling them wouldn’t help my situation :sweat_smile:

Yes, I am. It looks very ugly.

It has been fixed, thank you all for replying. I think it was a roblox bug or update causing the problem.