Reproduction steps:

1. Load up any place in studio

2. All packages should appear as having unpublished changes

Expected Behavior

None of the packages should appear changed upon loading studio

Actual Behavior

Every single package appears with the marker for unpublished changes:

Skärmbild 2022-09-27 205018

If you try to “undo changes to package”, it will return back to this altered state immediately. And “View Script Changes” returns nothing being changed.

I’ve also confirmed that I have no plugins causing this. This currently preventing me from publishing places (Unless I’d publish all the packages and re-publish them again after this is fixed.)

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-27 20:09:00 (+02:00)

9 Likes

This problem was already reported multiples times in the past:

I confirm I still have this problem, as I’ve encountered it just yesterday, which made me stuck to publish an update.

We’re looking into this right now, sorry for the inconvenience.

We do suspect that it may be a new regression, not a duplicate of one of the older complaints.

6 Likes

Update, it looks like there is actually a flag we can revert to mostly fix this, reverted it. Unfortunately if you already ran into the issue and saved your place things are a bit more complex:

• If you haven’t run into this issue yet, nothing to worry about.

• If you have run into this issue and saved a version of your place since Monday (Sept 26th) morning you have three options:

• If you wait until next Wednesday (Oct 5th), the modified indicator will go away on it’s own when I turn on the full fix for this.

• If you need to fix the problem before then doing “Revert Changes” now works as expected.

• If too many packages are disrupted and you just need to be able to publish now, reverting the place to a version saved before Monday should also work.

For posterity:

• The issue is unrelated to any previous package modification issues, it was a new regression related to change in some internal scripting related properties.
  • Only packages containing scripts were affected.
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.