All parts disappearing at graphics level 1

When the player lowers their graphics level down to 1 in my game all parts disappear. Obviously, it is doing its job… but over the top? I don’t think every single part should disappear when on the lowest graphics setting, or how would any game be playable? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Note: I would rather not make a UI that shows up if their graphics level is too low, so please don’t suggest that.

I am not 100% sure as I never played with a Graphics level of 1, but maybe the parts are too far away from the camera?
(I think the last thing you said is the only way to solve this if it’s a Roblox bug)

1 Like

I thought it might have something to do with the camera, too; however, it only happens briefly then they randomly come back, which wouldn’t happen if it were a camera distance thing. If it were because of the camera distance, the parts wouldn’t return until the camera was brought closer.

I think you should file a @bug-reports to @bug-support then

1 Like

Usually when you set your Graphic to a Lower Amount, Far away Objects would become Invisible (aka doesn’t Render) after a certain distance, the lower the graphics level is, the closer that distance is.

That’s not the problem, he said it happens briefly and then reappear

What material are the parts?

It probably just needs to re-render the parts. Does the parts disappearing temporarily when the graphics level is changed cause your players problems?

The large white map area is just smooth plastic, everything else is a surface gui. It only causes issues on lower graphic settings, if everything disappears, the player could get killed and have to start over, even if the disappearance is brief.

There are no shadows, no collisions, no physics, and streaming enabled is on to remove the cubes that are out of view… so I see no reason that it would need re-rendered as there should be practically no load on any device.

1 Like

Oh it’s a surface gui? That might explain it. Lower graphics levels often affect those.

I would not have your game on a SurfaceGui anyways for performance reasons (it basically needs to create an enormous texture–depending on the set resolution).

Hopeful the graphics level doesn’t change too much during play. I don’t think there is a way around that besides moving to a screen gui.

As far as converting, you can just put everything in a square frame, use scale for all the inner stuff, and move the square frame around. That usually works really well for 2D and runs pretty well.

I thought the surface guis might be the issue, however, the baseplate is still just a normal part, so it wouldn’t make sense that it is disappearing as well… if it were the surface guis that was the issue then I would still at least see the baseplate.

1 Like