All sounds fail to load on website and in Studio

As of very recently, 100% of audio has failed to play in Chrome and Studio for me.

Audio has always had problems playing in all browsers, and I used to just deal with it. But now it is unusable. This forum post has been tracking a long history of this: Audio previews often fail to play.

The audio seems to have a 100% failure rate in Chrome, 100% failure rate in studio (whether in the toolbox or in the properties window), and a 50% failure rate in Firefox.

Here is a screenshot of errors in Chrome:
Sound Error Chrome
Here is a screenshot of errors in Firefox:

My computer specifications:

• Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
  • Chrome Version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Firefox 73.0.1 (64-bit)
  • Roblox Studio 0.428.1.402190 (64 bit)
  • My Internet is just fine
  • In-game, everything is fine.

P.S.
I love the new audio length search feature! I wish I could make use of it.

1 Like

These errors are temporary and previous posts have been made:

What do you mean by temporary?
These errors have been happening consistently for years.
And it keeps getting worse.

They sometimes work, and sometimes they don’t. It’s a bug with inconsistent repro. 100% failure rate on Chrome is misleading as I have previously tested the failure rate depends a lot if the asset download was successful.

I can’t speak for everyone, but for me, the asset download is unsuccessful 100% of the time on the website.

I encounter the site audio bug 75% of the time. However, I have not encountered the Studio audio issue at all.

Hi, I’ve been having issues with the audio playing on the website as well. I noticed it about the same time this post was made and the issue for me hasn’t resolved yet. Strangely my laptop can play the audio files however my desktop and phone can’t. I don’t know if it was because I installed the latest version of Microsoft Edge, which I installed around the same time, or if it’s just an issue floating around.

Desktop:
OS - Windows 10 Home
Browsers -
- New Microsoft Edge (Note that there are two version, their proprietary version and the open
sourced Chrome like version.)
- Google Chrome (Also can’t play audio)

Laptop:
OS - Windows 10 home
Browsers -
- Old Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome

Phone:
iPhone 8+
Safari & Google Chrome

Although i have a plugin that fixes this problem, back then i literally had to open studio just to browse for a sound, it’s incredible how they’ve not fixed this yet. Can’t reproduce the roblox studio bug, though, are you sure the sound cache is in a drive that has enough size?

Yes, I’m sure there is enough space. Roblox studio is installed on a drive with 250 GB free.

Ok hi again! I just noticed something new. So, if you never knew you can view the source of the audio file by right clicking on the preview button, clicking inspect, and copying the link into a new tab. However, I’ve noticed something strange.

Audio files that I can’t hear look like this:

An audio that works looks like this:

The audio that won’t load looks as if it were trying to play a video.

Here are some quick links to those sources:

Prima Bossa Nova - Doesn’t work
https://c7.rbxcdn.com/3b0d82ef5700abc4c07bbdc7dfafc64b - Works

Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

Neither of those two links worked for me. I guess it’s not consistent.
I was able to download them though. They are both mp3 files.

Strangely enough, the one that doesn’t work can be downloaded trough CTRL + S and be perfectly played.

Strangely enough, the one that doesn’t work can be downloaded trough CTRL + S and be perfectly played.

Can we get a comment from someone in the roblox staff about this? I’ve looked through this post and the other previously mentioned post and we haven’t heard a word yet about any progress recently. This problem is still happening, has been occurring too long, and is just awful.

I was able to listen to audio in the Studio toolbox, but strangely enough, all of the audio sounds like it has an echo, or reverb effect.
I mean each audio plays double with a slight offset.
Can anyone confirm this, or it is just me?

3 Likes