Allow a "Best Friend" option to put that friend's priority over another

Introduction
As any active Roblox developer or user can say, it’s always great to play with friends. Every game has ways to make it enjoyable to groups of friends playing together. Arsenal, Adopt Me, Jailbreak, and so many other games are just prime examples of games that are so much more fun to play with friends.
Problem
However, on the Roblox website friends are listed in alphabetical order, or 0-z. Now for the Roblox player with not to many friends it’s not much of an issue. But with Roblox players who have 75 so or more friends on the site it can be challenging to see who’s playing. The Roblox Site on PC allows about nine players to be visible on the home page in said 0-z order, or you can click on the Friends bar and see all your friends, which on each tab in PC allows about 18 before needing to transition to another page. But when a friend is online, they take priority in who is visible on the home page, still in 0-z order. As mentioned if you have lots of friends on Roblox and they are mostly active, seeing who is and isn’t on can be a challenge, especially if you’re looking for a certain friend to be online and hang out with.
Solution
If this issue is addressed, an option that could handle this problem is an option to toggle a friend as a “Best Friend” who will take priority over any other friend you have the Roblox website, despite whatever name they have. If you toggle a friend with a Z as their starting character, they will be visible on the home page over any other player. Along with this, there should also be a limit as to how many best friends you can have.
Use Cases
One huge use that could be used with this feature is friends who know each other outside of Roblox. At your school with a friend who also plays Roblox could have this tag so you know it’s someone you know outside of Roblox. Another use could be friends you play with a lot over others. Give them the tag and they take priority to the others so they show up first.
Overall, a best friend feature can make the hassle for users with lots of friends easier to see if they’re online, despite what their username is.

23 Likes

This used to be a feature, and it was replaced with the followers/following system. This is why there is a 200 friend limit; So that you only friend those you would give said “priority” to, and follow others that you would like to play games with but are not considered those with a “priority”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the feature here you’re looking for is the ability to do more with mutual followers (eg. chat and a way to “organize” them).

8 Likes

Yes, that’s more of what I am looking for. As there are also players who have lots of followers/following that can get clogged up as well. Essentially you give the player a tag of sorts to organize them. Sub sections of friends is another way of putting it.

6 Likes