As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to know any updates is available on a plugin, or update a plugin.
Currently, there isn’t a studio or engine method to update a plugin if changes are or a way to check if an update is ready to be updated, however, current API for plugins doesn’t allow me to do what I want to do, some functions that I had in mind were:
- function plugin:IsUpdateAvailable(bool) → checks if an update is available, either true or false.
- function plugin:UpdatePlugin(void) → will override and update plugin to new features implemented to a plugin.
Some of my usecases for these functions:
- For me, I’d like an update hooked up with
IsUpdateAvailable()to see changes made so I can update through a button, and add
- Debugging purposes, experiment API more?
- Have a GUI in settings to show a developer if an update is available or not.
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience so I can allow with ease update plugins to developers who use my plugin, or other plugins out there, also a time-saver.