Allow clearly marking games as mobile friendly (or not mobile friendly)

A lot of users seem to be using roblox from mobile (not me personally - yet - because I only have android available) so it would be nice to clearly mark games that:
-Are designed specifically with mobile in mind
-Not marked
-Are not compatible with mobile

So that the first type can be promoted and the last be hidden on mobile devices. Another thing that would be nice is to have a separate rating system for mobile and PC, because the experiences likely differ a lot and it wouldnt be fair to get your PC game downrated because it wasnt made for mobile, or your mobile game downrated because PC gamers find it too simple.

An additional suggestion would be a config page where you can define the target audience of your game/help people find the game better:
Target audience:
-Platform(s)
-Performance recommendations
-Approx session length (eg a FPS could have session length of 10 mins, a hardcore survival game could have 120 mins)
-Genre (we need genres that actually make sense please, or a tag system)
-Gameplay social (collaborative, solo, team based, random interaction with others…)
-Gameplay (building, fighting, destroying, managing, experiencing, achieving, surviving…)

1 Like

If I could just toggle a “Allow Mobile users to play”, I’d be happy to turn it off immediately. So that I don’t get annoying messages for me to make my game compatible, when the game is clearly too complex for mobile/ impossible to test because I can’t try the game in a mobile format.

Well if you let me know I can test it on all iOS devices and give you feedback :wink:

Roblox should allow devs to mark a game as non mobile, and not only would it be hidden from the games page on the mobile app, but even if you had the link you couldn’t play it.

Or maybe an option for mobile-only, PC-only, both and an added “Popular on Mobile” section to games page?

Im somewhat against completely forbidding a player from joining a game because of the platform they are playing on.

1. What if roblox in the future makes updates that suddenly make your game compatible with mobile/PC, but youre not around to change the allowed platforms?
  2. What if some nubcaek just forbids mobile because he hates iProducts?
  3. What if someone wants to enter your place using a mobile device with the best i7 intel processor, a keyboard and a mouse, that is basically a PC.
  4. What if someone wants to check your game even if it might not be optimized for your platform?

Not letting people rate your game if the platform doesnt match is ok.
Not giving your game visibility on a platform its not compatible with is ok too.
But it still should be playable if someone really wants to.

For the same reason websites should allow entering desktop mode even if you are on mobile instead of forcing the half functional mobile site on you (cough rbxdev cough last time i checked cough)

This is in progress. You’ll be able to mark a game as mobile, non-mobile, or both.

Hugs :blush:

A longer term solution would be better though.

It wont take long before mobile is practically equal to PC.

Instead of marking a game as mobile, you should be able to mark which input devices are required (or which sets of input devices work)
Eg:
A) Keyboard + mouse
B) Touchscreen <-I dislike forum software that does this
C) Brain wave controller ™
D) Keyboard + touchscreen
E) One of those console controllers
F) Voice control
G) etcetc.

Mobile/Desktop will not be sufficient in the not so distant future.

[quote] Im somewhat against completely forbidding a player from joining a game because of the platform they are playing on.

1. What if roblox in the future makes updates that suddenly make your game compatible with mobile/PC, but youre not around to change the allowed platforms?
  2. What if some nubcaek just forbids mobile because he hates iProducts?
  3. What if someone wants to enter your place using a mobile device with the best i7 intel processor, a keyboard and a mouse, that is basically a PC.
  4. What if someone wants to check your game even if it might not be optimized for your platform?

Not letting people rate your game if the platform doesnt match is ok.
Not giving your game visibility on a platform its not compatible with is ok too.
But it still should be playable if someone really wants to.

For the same reason websites should allow entering desktop mode even if you are on mobile instead of forcing the half functional mobile site on you (cough rbxdev cough last time i checked cough) [/quote]

What about “Lemme check out this game while browsing around on my iPad- Oh this game is shit, nothing works on it”

[quote]
What about “Lemme check out this game while browsing around on my iPad- Oh this game is shit, nothing works on it” [/quote]
“Lemme downvote oh wait I cant downvote because the game doesnt support the set of input devices I have available”

This is what I mean by my Thumbs Down Requiring Explanations run, maybe Explanations aren’t the way to go, but the problem is still there and hardly anything is being done about, people thumbs down for stupid reasons and it’s allowed.

And I support this idea, glad it’s coming!