Allow developers to copy all selected asset ids from asset manager

As a Roblox developer, its currently too tedious to upload and copy asset ids from bulk import.

Currently, its possible to select multiple entrees in the Asset Manager, however, its currently not possible to retrieve all of the selected assets’ image ids.

I would expect this to copy multiple asset ids at once to my clipboard, but it only copies the last one selected.

If this were to be addressed, it would be much easier bulk uploading and inputting asset ids into module scripts that will be used for my game. I have 100s of images to upload, but I have to manually input each one separately into my code base.

6 Likes

It would be nice to have a feature like this. I would expect that when I want to copy the ids of multiple assets, each of them would be a newline in a single string copied to my clipboard. It’s not uncommon to upload assets with the intention of adding them into an array.

Would also like to programmatically be able to access assets from the Asset Manager since iirc it’s written in Luau so I can do something similar but apply more effects on top of the ids I want, but I digress - that’s out of scope for this request.

2 Likes