Allow developers to disable the "Reset Character" button

The “Reset Character” button comes from a time when players could potentially become stuck inside holes or obstacles without any way of escaping. Players used to have to exit out of the client and rejoin the game (which greatly disrupted gameplay flow and could cause them to lose their progress in a game).

Today’s games are much more polished and refined. A player who resets in my game will unfortunately face consequences related to death which they did not intend. Many games (i.e. Tiny Tanks) do not have traditional characters or are even possible to get stuck in.

While there are hacky ways to prevent the button from working (renaming the humanoid), developers should be able to remove this option from the menu all together to prevent confusion.

17 Likes

Or even better, a way to override the functionality of the reset button for scenarios like you mentioned, such as Tiny Tanks. (Of course, a way to grey it out as well)

9 Likes

Use cases:

• Prompt “Are you sure you want to reset? Your current ship and its items will be lost forever.”
  • Prompt “Reset or Unstuck?”
  • Instead of killing the character, teleport to lobby instead
  • Metrics
3 Likes

I think this is a great idea. You could eliminate the problem all together by figuring out where and when people need to reset.