Allow developers to join full servers

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to join full servers of there own games.

What i mean by this, sometimes there’s a bug in a server, you can normally join the server to check the error or bug in the dev console if its serverside. But what if the game is full?
It’s currently impossible to join that server, you can ask the reporter to leave the game but what if it’s a 1 player only server?

My suggestion is that everyone with access to the serverside of the developer console can bypass a full server.
This will help a lot for all developers, a specialy for the games with 1 player only allowed.

And ofcourse some games might break if to many people join, but you as developer would know what happens if you join.

86 Likes

As a Roblox Developer it is impossible to join a full server on your game. This is inconvenient and should be changed.

If a user reports a bug in-game that requires you to join the server to debug/test/for whatever reason, if you desire to join that server you currently have to kick a player from the server to allow yourself to join, this is bad for the users experience as they don’t know why they’ve been kicked and I’ve had to do this on multiple occasions to get into servers with testers on. I strongly believe adding functionality for Developers to join full servers/go past the limit set on the place would offer a lot of benefits for developers of games on Roblox.

29 Likes

As a Roblox developer, trying to join a full server or a server with debuggers / testers is hard-enough for games that I own for debugging purposes on the platform.

I want to assure that whenever I join a server, there are people who are finding bugs, giving feedback, or wanting me to join to reassure something needs me as a developer to bypass the join-feature so I can look into this, without it, I can’t join a game with testers with other users that are playing my game(s) to fix something important or test a “neat” feature.

Some of my friends are testers for games that I have at the moment, becoming a feature would be pretty handy whenever I join them if the server is full.

We need this to be added and accounted for, it’s affected debugging games and developers looking for bugs.

12 Likes