Allow developers to play on any platform regardless of settings

As a developer, it is currently impossible to test a game on different platforms unless the game’s settings explicitly allow for those platforms (e.g. console, phone, and tablet). This is frustrating when trying to port an existing game to those platforms & need to test before opening the floodgates.

If this were changed, developers could test their own games on any platform without having to change their game’s settings to allow it. This would result in developers being able to test out new platforms before opening it up to the public.

For reference, this is in regards to group games. The behavior might be different for user-owned games. I’m not sure.

72 Likes

It seems like this was just an oversight, the place creator can join their own game despite device restrictions but this doesn’t apply to group games.

In the device restrictions codepath the playability status check should be modified to check if the user has edit access to the place, rather than if the user is the place creator.

36 Likes

Great to hear! If it’s at all possible, any rough estimate in timeline for something like this?

8 Likes

I filed a ticket internally, the timeline depends on the team who works on this features priorities so I can’t give a solid timeline unfortunately. I’ll update this thread if there are any updates.

9 Likes